Apex Steel is looking for a Head of Commercial who will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic commercial plans for the company.
This will enable him/her in order to; attract potential customers and retain existing ones, brand position, sales volumes and customer awareness in all aspects of the business through effective management of the sales and marketing activities of the organizations.
Sales Program Management
- Sales Strategy
- Implement sales growth strategies.
- Create adequate sales capacity and optimization of sales resources.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the sales operations and ensure suitable tactics are implemented to address concerns and maximize strengths.
- Operate within a set/approved monthly budget.
- Compile weekly and monthly sales reports for Directors or as may be directed.
- Lead generation
- Facilitate with the identification of sales leads.
- Ensure smooth process of customer acquisition and retention.
- Developing Corporate sales proposals for follow through for execution.
- Stakeholder Management
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers.
- Liaise closely with internal teams to enable smooth running of the business.
- Marketing Skills
- Research and analyze the market to understand key business drivers, influencers and competitor activity.
- Market intelligence gathering and dissemination to the team
- Execute a high standard of sales campaigns.
- Manage and monitor the performance of the sales team and take necessary action when required.
- Manage and monitor the sales performance in the company.
- Monitor and address sales gaps and implement actions to resolve them.
- 5 years experience in similar capacity
- Preferably someone from the construction industry.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a B2B environment.
- Experience in writing, coordinating and producing competitive sales proposals.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to persuade and influence others. Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Working with minimal supervision while meeting tight deadlines