Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
mHealth is the biggest health transformation of our lifetime. All around the globe, mobile phones are making a difference between life and death. They allow families to call for medical help in emergencies, help rural pharmacists locate lifesaving drugs during stock outs, and enable health workers to track potential pandemics. In developing countries, mobile phones have also transformed community health at the grassroots level.
Living Goods is rapidly transforming into a digitally-led business in order to better serve our communities and other stakeholders. Our belief in the power of technology, mobile phones and phone apps is not unique. We have created tools, fine-tuned them, and used them to equip over 9000 Community Health Workers and hundreds of supervisors to deliver high impact, low-cost community health services. We truly believe using data for decision making is transformative.
We now want to take it a notch higher by strengthening our Technology team to enable us to customize and build high performance and scalable mHealth systems. As such, this is an excellent opportunity for a driven candidate to take on a leadership role where you would be committed to building and maintaining a highly productive software engineering team instilled with the ethos of delivering quality solutions. In return, you will enjoy an exciting, innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working. You will lead the engineering team and work closely with operational managers and high-level staff in multiple countries. You will support the CTO in developing and delivering the overarching technology strategy and setting the direction for the software engineering and operational teams within the organization. Since technology is central to what Living Goods does, you will contribute to the global organizational strategy and contribute to the technology team transformation strategy and future direction.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Provide leadership oversight of 10+ (and growing) software engineers, including employees, contractors, and third-party partners.
- Participate in strategy conversations the organization in general and technology in particular.
- Develop an understanding of organizational goals and requirements, and develop a vision to translate those requirements to the technical end-product.
- Work in alignment with project leadership and internal & external stakeholders to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and that meet client needs.
- Be the team’s representative among senior and project leadership, effectively managing upwards and downwards.
- Develop and deliver regular communication including software delivery status and risks to senior management.
- Determine appropriate work load for engineers and develop engineer’s skills in alignment with their career goals and organizational future needs.
- Be a leader who has built effective teams that deliver results across the organization; technical experts, managers and future leaders.
- Show the desire to learn and evaluate new technologies for cutting-edge solutions.
- Collaborate with senior engineering staff to define and implement reliable, scalable, efficient and secure architectures operating in a cloud environment.
- Create and execute key strategies to meet business outcomes and manage strategic relationships.
- The ability to lead and influence C-level stakeholders.
- Deliver high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure systems.
- Define and manage the entire software development lifecycle in an agile delivery environment focusing on continuous deployment at pace while maintaining quality and performance of software systems including supporting systems in production, responding to production incidents and managing unplanned work.
- Grow, mentor, manage and inspire a growing team of software engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth.
- Strategic collaboration with senior management and stakeholders (e.g. Health, Operations, Innovation, Business Development, CHST, etc.) to define and build new features and products.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years across software engineering with a focus on high performing, innovative/creative and consumer-facing application and platforms.
- 6+ years of leadership experience of which 5 should be direct management experience of a medium-size team i.e. 15+
- Previous hands-on experience developing web/mobile applications, transactional platforms from requirements gathering to delivery and support.
- Proven ability to efficiently manage all aspects of the software development lifecycle in an Agile environment particularly multi-tier data-driven applications.
- Has a strong Software Engineering background (knowledge in Java & Android) and deep knowledge of agile development practices, TDD/BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, Cloud & container infrastructure.
- Comfortable with integration, extension and modification of open-source tools.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Living Goods career website on livinggoods.applytojob.com to apply