HealthRight International (formerly Doctors of the World-USA) is a global health and human rights organization working where health is diminished or endangered by violations of human rights and civil liberties. Reaching out to the most vulnerable and marginalized populations, HealthRight works with local partners to build sustainable access to health care for excluded population.
OUTLINE OF ROLE:
Reporting to the HR & Logistics Manager, the project driver will be responsible for proper use and maintenance of the assigned motor vehicle for the HealthRight Kenya programs.
The position plans and implements quality activities to contribute to the delivery of HealthRight Kenya mission of empowering marginalized communities to live healthy lives by employing a human rights-based approach and working closely with community partners to improve local capacity and advance the inclusivity of health systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
This description of duties and responsibilities is intended to indicate the kind of tasks required of the position. It does not limit or exclude other duties not mentioned here but required for the successful execution of the post.
- Carry out motor vehicle assessment every month on assigned vehicle and recommend to the HR&Logistics Manager repairs to be done.
- Supervise repairs done by mechanics to ensure it is done as per instructions
- Source for best value mechanics and spares vendor and recommend to Logistics officer.
- Ensure assigned vehicle is clean and presentable at all times.
- Pick and drop staff and visitors as assigned.
- Ensure all statutory requirements are fulfilled e.g. up-to-date license, insurance and inspection certificate, acceptable first aid kit and fire extinguisher etc.
- Ensure compliance with organizational policy on motor vehicles e.g. no overloading or speeding
- Advise HR&Logistics Manager on transport routes and use only those routes that optimize costs.
- Support in delivery of direct aid items.
- Safe keeping & maintenance of all motor vehicle logs
- Ensure adherence to all HealthRight financial and personnel policies.
- Participate in all organisational activities including annual planning retreat and relevant staff meetings, contributing to the best of their ability.
- Ensure safety of passengers and pedestrians
- No carrying of any unauthorized passenger or cargo
- Kenya Corticated of Secondary Education (KCSE) minumum mean grade of D(Plain) or its equivalent qualification
- Must have a valid Kenyan driving license of class BCE
- Minimum of Seven (7) years driving experience especially within Nairobi
- Training in defensive driving skills
- Previous NGO relevant work experience
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the DCI
- First Aid Certificate lasting not less than one(1) week at St. John Ambulance, Kenya Red Cross or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building technology(KIHBT) or any other recognized institution.
- Well developed driving skills with emphasis on basic mechanical knowledge.
- Recommendation from previous employer(s)
- Basic Computer application knowledge will be an added advantage
KEY COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exemplary professional integrity
- Good team player.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to following address clearly stating the position you are applying for so as to reach the undersigned on or before July 26th 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
The Human Resources Manager
KAREN- NAIROBI, KENYA