An Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya, provides consular services to its citizens and citizens of other countries living in Kenya and in Sudan, Somalia and Eritrea, their countries of secondary accreditation.
They are now seeking to recruit an experienced consular officer to lead on delivering these important services.
- Consular Affairs
- Co-ordinate visa and consular appointments at the Embassy
- Interview applicants for visas and passports
- Assess visa applications for local processing or onward processing at HQ
- Handle visas fees and accounting
- Prepare visa reports as required
- Respond to public enquiries
- Process passport applications
- Provide consular support and assist with consular cases
- Liaise with Consular colleagues in Ireland
- Compile data and maintain records.
- Maintain stock of visa stickers
- Maintain stock of passport forms
- Update and maintain consular statistics for Kenya and countries of accreditation
- Maintain filing system for all consular activity
- Ensure duty phone is in good working order at all times
Administration and other duties
- Managing monthly consular sales reports
- Involved in updating travel advisories for Kenya and countries of accreditation
- Involved in organising visits & official functions hosted by Embassy
- Other tasks as directed by your line manager.
Professional qualifications and experience
- Diploma/University degree in Business Administration from a reputable institution
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Visa/Customer Service
- Excellent computer skills (MS-Office)
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Kiswahili
- Kenyan/East African Work Permit is essential for this position
- Strong customer service skills
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Highly motivated and committed
- High Level of flexibility
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential. All locally hired staff are required to have a legal entitlement to live and work in Kenya prior to hiring.
Please note that canvassing will disqualify applicants.
The Embassy is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.
By submitting information electronically, parties accept that data may not be fully secure. Any personal information subsequently forwarded to the Embassy, will only be used for its intended purposes and will be destroyed when no longer needed. Any other processing or disclosure of personal data is not allowed other than in the exceptional circumstances provided for under the Data Protection Acts.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should contact WTS International Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org, submitting a copy of their CV, in word copy, and relevant qualifications by close of business on Friday, 19th July 2019.
Police vetting will be sought in respect of individuals who come under consideration for appointment.