Swissport is an international organisation that provides ground handling services for some 265 million passengers and 4.7 million tonnes of air cargo annually on behalf of some 850 client-companies in the aviation sector.
Swissport is active at 315 airports in 50 countries on 5 continents.
Looking for a new challenge?
If you are looking for a challenge in a rapid environment in the aviation services industry and are motivated to work in a multicultural company and a position that allows you to put your ideas into practice, this will be an excellent opportunity for you.
Swissport is recruiting for the position of Quality, Safety & Training Officer based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Do you believe you have what it takes to support the management of learning and professional development of staff, reporting on quality management and all aspects of health & safety?
Applications are invited from candidates to fill the above position
- Assist in the continuous review of existing training material and syllabi and give recommendations for improvement of the global training program.
- Assisting with the scheduling of training sessions, and booking / notifying all relevant parties.
- Organise and deliver internal and external trainings as required including on the job training for certain functions
- Maintain and update training records and databases
- Ensure optimal use of existing training facilities and ensure equipment is in working condition
- Undertake follow up of rolled out trainings on a regular basis to determine effectiveness of the programs in line with business needs
- Support global agenda for improvement of effectiveness of training through conduct of training surveys and course evaluations
- Assist in preparation of internal monthly quality reports and submit quality data to Swissport International on a monthly basis
- Research, compile and process quality data required for various management reporting such as surveys, safety & operational performance
Health & Safety:
- Ensure in-depth investigations of all incidents / accidents to identify contributing factors.
- Liaise with various department heads for implementation of preventive / corrective actions with regards to all incidents / accidents
- Conduct continuous safety checks to ensure compliance to safety regulations.
- Assist in formulation of safety campaigns to support the safety agenda, towards achievement of the set safety targets
Professional qualification and experience
- Education: University Degree or equivalent academic capabilities
- Experience: At least 3 years’ experience as a Trainer. Experience in quality & Safety management (Internal audit).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Planner, who pays attention to detail and is a team player
Method of Application
Application letter and CV ONLY outlining your suitability for this training opportunity should be forwarded via email: NBO.Recruitment@swissport.com clearly indicating the position on the subject line.
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501 Nairobi
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available and does not discriminate it its employment decision on the basis of any protected category.