CWS is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to transform communities around the globe through just and sustainable responses to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS has regional offices around the Globe. The Africa regional office is based in Nairobi with country offices in Tanzania and South Africa.
Scope of the assignment
CWS Africa Region is seeking a Resource Mobilization & Communication Consultant based in Nairobi to provide technical services on the overall implementation of the CWS Resource Mobilization strategy, which includes the identification of funders and manage the capture and proposal development life-cycle for high-priority proposals. S/he will serve as a point person for priority bids and is responsible for the submission of high-quality winning proposals. The consultant will also have the responsibility to mentor and coach staff within and outside the resource mobilization team. The consultant will serve as a role model for best practice in proposal development, from pre-solicitation through proposal development and submission.
The consultant will be specifically tasked to;
- Information gathering/capture: Conduct research and identify new avenues for fundraising. This includes marketing CWS program methodologies to prospective donors and partner organizations.
- Proposal Development: Collaborate with Program and other technical staff, to identify key funding gaps and potential funding sources
- Proposal Writing and Budgeting: Guide the drafting of all proposal sections ensuring that all of the pieces come together in a coherent, compliant, and winning manner.
- Networking and Partnership: Cultivate relationships with strategic partners and individuals in support of CWS programming.
- Strategic program support: Provide capacity support to existing programs, including but not limited to, re-design, and remediation
- The fundraising consultant is expected to provide the following deliverables:
- Develop high quality multi-year proposals responding to priority needs and funding gaps in supporting CWS scale-up in priority countries
- By the end of consultancy have identified new funding of more than $2 million a year to enable CWS to effectively carry out its mandate
- Brief end of period report containing information about the implemented strategy, identified opportunities and challenges and recommendations for further actions.
- University Degree in the relevant field
- Minimum of five years of strategy development and fundraising experience (including donor management, identification and liaison; proposal writing).
- Proven track record of successful fundraising with an international NGO.
- Knowledge of project cycle management preferably sustainable development and emergency response programming in Africa
- Demonstrated success in preparing proposals and grant applications that have been approved for funding.
- Knowledge of fundraising cycles, proposal formats and application procedures for key donors.
- The ideal candidate would be energetic, flexible and adaptable in their approach; be able to work individually or as a team and have excellent communication skills; possess a strong degree of honesty and integrity; and demonstrate a solid sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
Method of Application
Interested parties should share a brief account of relevant work experience including a work plan based on the specific tasks outlined above to info@CWSAfrica.org
Deadline for submission is on or before 15th August, 2019