Hava is a modern and fast growing online ride hailing company based in the Middle East and Africa aimed at providing an on demand taxi service across major cities and towns.
With a wide range of options to choose from, vehicle types to drivers nearby. We are your one app solution to your all your transportation needs.
Users can book a ride in just a click on their mobile phone using Hava!
We are currently looking for an experienced Backend (PHP/Laravel) Software Engineer to be part of our in-house team of engineering experts. He/She will be tasked with developing high – performing applications with a clean, minimalistic aesthetic within Hava. He/She shall be expected to use their broad understanding of backend technologies and experience with software engineering to help build and scale the infrastructure that will power our ride hailing platform.
- Seasoned with building backend systems at scale.
- Must have strong product design sense.
- Mastery of REST APIs and web development in general.
- Mastery of Object-Oriented programming and design and SOLID design principles.
- Ability to build a feature from scratch & drive it to completion.
- Willingness to learn new technology, whatever lets you deliver the best product.
- Worked on projects that have reached millions of customers and have individually contributed to many consumer-facing features.
- Proficient in PHP, Laravel framework, and NodeJS.
- Ability to dive into large existing projects and contribute by narrowing down and quickly understand relevant parts of the system.
- Must have a pragmatic and agnostic approach to coding, with no specific preference for any language/framework, and understanding when to (and when not to) apply certain design patterns and refactoring, based on many years of experience with several large projects.
- Proficiency with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Must be deadline and detail-oriented.
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Build our backend infrastructure.
- Work in sync with website and mobile apps developers to deliver cohesive and timely backend services.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions.
- Develop automated tests and maintain code quality.
- Track, diagnose, and repair application errors, performance issues, and deployment issues.
- Be involved and drive product & design discussions.
- Deliver high quality features at high velocity.
- Help us scale our infrastructure.
- Perform routine software maintenance.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their updated resume to email@example.com with the subject line Backend Software Engineer.
In your application, please attach a cover letter alongside your curriculum vitae explaining why you are best suited for this position. In addition, kindly address and answer the following questions.
- What framework do you use for REST APIs in Laravel?
- How familiar are you with Apiato framework?
- How many years’ experience do you have with PHP/Laravel?
- How many years’ experience do you have with NodeJS?
- Are you experienced with automated testing?
- Where did you hear about this job posting?