Total Kenya Limited is the world’s fourth-largest oil and gas company, as well as a major integrated player in the global solar industry. Backed by nearly a century of history we discover, produce, transform, market and distribute energy in a variety of forms, to serve the end customer.
We are committed to energy that is affordable, reliable and clean, in compliance with the highest safety and environmental standards.
The Assistant Legal Manager will be primarily responsible for assisting the Legal Manager in ensuring that the Company’s legal interests are adequately taken care of in respect to its day to day operations by ensuring legal compliance, continuous risk assessments of the company operations and mitigation of potential risks identification.
Reporting to the Legal Manager, the incumbent shall be responsible for the following:-
- Participate in ensuring the company’s compliance with legal and regulatory requirements by monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action.
- Liaise with business team leaders to identify legal issues and risks and provide appropriate advice, legal and business support on the same by undertaking research and drafting legal opinions;
- Preparing legal documents including contracts and leases, preparing and monitoring the contracts and property schedules.
- Participate in managing bad debt portfolio by maintaining the debtor’s schedule and follow- up on the collection of outstanding debts referred to Legal function.
- Participate in the management of litigation involving the Company in liaison with external lawyers assigned
- Preserving the legal integrity of the company’s commercial operations;
- Participate in the Company record management through effective archiving
- Ensuring that the company’s rights and interests including intellectual property are not infringed upon
- Participate in the Company’s ethics and compliance program
- Generally supporting various functions in the business;
- Participate in the Company secretarial tasks as assigned from time to time
- Any other duties commensurate with this role
The job holder will require the following minimum qualifications: –
- Bachelor of Law Degree and an advocate of the High court;
- A minimum of five (5) years post admission experience in a Corporate Legal office
- Membership to the Law Society of Kenya
- Membership of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries will be an added advantage
- Sound legal knowledge and strong commercial focus;
- Knowledge of contract drafting and litigation skills
- High personal integrity
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a demanding environment with client focus and attention to details
- Good computer literacy, strong presentation, problem solving, report writing and analytical skills
- Good team player who is result oriented
Candidates who are interested and meet the above criteria may submit their applications and a letter of motivation by 29th July 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Total Kenya Limited career website on krb-sjobs.brassring.com to apply