Our client has grown organically from a two-man startup to a global company with over 750 employees and customers in 12 countries. Their vision is to help alleviate poverty by providing sustainable and affordable energy solutions. They aim to identify and develop creative and affordable alternatives to unhealthy, environmentally harmful and expensive fossil fuels.
Disciplinary: Managing Director
Functional: Group Head of Credit
Significant Relationships (internal & external)
All other departments Group Customer Finance
The Customer Finance Department is responsible for the Receivables Risk Management. This includes assessment of applicants, customer work – out as well as portfolio management.
The Head of Customer Finance heads the customer finance activities in the operating country and plays an advisory role in all aspects of the business that are associated with risks of any nature.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Maintain and monitor the overall receivable portfolio quality at reasonable levels in the assigned country.
- Monitor the setup of Sales units in new areas of expansion.
- Study and understand the local financial markets, local general market dynamics that have an influence on the loan portfolio.
- Inculcate a credit culture within the entire business spectrum.
- Manage the Country Customer Finance activities.
- Develop and update policy, procedural guidelines and manuals; ensuring that credit underwriting policies reflects the reality of the general business environment.
- Provide regular overall receivable portfolio and compliance reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Design Country Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and incentives aligning them with Local HR and Group Head of Credit.
- Monitor, evaluate and advise on the overall risk exposure of the business in the assigned country.
- Liaise and establish relationships with local financial institutions for purposes of raising funds.
Key Performance Indicators
- Full compliance with national regulations and customer protection legislation.
- Complete and on time reporting to the Group Head of Credit/Managing Director about Customer Finance operations
- Maintain portfolio at risk below acceptable levels as will be from time to time defined.
Minimum Requirements Basic Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Microfinance, Commerce or Business Administration.
- Master’s Degree or Professional Qualification in Financing or Renewable Energy is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, 3 of which should be at a Senior Management Level.
- Good background knowledge of smallholder agriculture, micro – finance and/or Banking
- High level of familiarity with typical income, expenditure and cash flow patterns of rural and semi-urban households and micro-enterprises.
Technical Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- High level of familiarity with typical income, expenditure and cash flow patterns of rural and semi – urban households and micro – enterprises.
- High level of creativity and flexibility to enhance and incorporate unorthodox loan procedures.
- Ability to work in and manage remote teams.
- Ability to quickly adapt to the dynamics of the off-grid Pay–as–You–Go sector.
- Ability to work with different people and support alignment of purpose.
- Willing to travel countrywide to support sales activities and collect data for optimal decision making.
Base Salary : Attractive
Benefits : As per the prevalent company policy.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should please send their application and CV through email@example.com with the position applied for (Head of Customer Finance) as the email subject no later than Tuesday 23rd July 2019. We will require your complete professional profile with your current remuneration and contact details therein. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.