Family Bank (formely Family Finance Building Society) was registered as a Building Society in October 1984 in Kenya, under the Building Societies Act and commenced operations in the early 1985. Family Bank converted into a fully fledged bank in May 2007 and the main driver for our conversion was the need to offer a wider range of products and services to our customers.
Family Bank is regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) and is regularly inspected using CAMEL ratings which look at Capital, Assets, Management, Earnings and Liquidity. Our ratings by the CBK have been favourable over the years.
The role requires a go-getter, positive minded individual who fits the role profile captured below?
Reporting to: Head of Institutions
The purpose of the role is to build and manage rapport with Institutions such as Saccos, Microfinance institutions, Churches, Institutions of higher learning and Schools. The key responsibility being; customer acquisition, retention and income generation from the sales of the banks products.
- Stability of the liabilities side of the balance sheet of the bank through institutional deposit mobilization.
- Growth of the existing deposit book as per the set organizational targets through growth of current accounts/collection business as well as wholesale deposits from the focus institutions.
- New client onboarding through the development of a pipeline of prospective clients to ensure sustainable growth of the Portfolio.
- Income generation from the existing clientele through recruitment into digital financial services.
- Keeping abreast of developments in the market; being aware of the new developments within the Saccos, Microfinance institutions, Churches, Institutions of higher learning and Schools.
- Identify and address assigned customer needs, ensuring that the overall service provided is in line with customer expectations and the terms of the service offer.
- Maintain a pipeline of prospective clients targeted for purposes of onboarding.
- Provide specialist information, guidance and advise to customers through the delivery of excellent customer service to resolve customer queries and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Prepare Customer sales coverage plans to ensure each relationship is managed according to the Family Bank customer service charter with regular reviews of the customer portfolio to assess future needs and ongoing fee/income potential.
- Identifying and developing new business proposals efficiently and expeditiously to ensure that potential new business opportunities are not lost to competitors.
- Growth of quality loan book for the focus sectors.
- PAR management for loans in the focus group.
- Manage existing relationships to deepen the relationship for Business Banking solutions through customer requirements and continuous contact.
- Initiating and monitoring customer/Bank contact at all levels, ensuring that customers enjoy the highest standards of service.
- Ensures that all new businesses are in line with AML/KYC and CTF laws and regulations and customer information is regularly updated.
- Ensure adherence of all bank’s prescribed processes, standard operating procedures and central bank requirements.
- Role Models the Brand and Corporate Values of the Bank both internally and externally.
- Works as part of a team for the purpose of winning together.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business related field.
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years relevant work experience 3 of which must have been in a RM role with proven result oriented track record
- Strong presentation skill set.
- Good analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Institutional Banking products.
- Highly effective communication and collaboration skills.
- High level of cooperation with others and is responsive to the bank’s and team’s needs.
- AMC/CFT training/knowledge.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Builds networks and maintains strong relationships.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Pleasant and able to relate well in diverse social set ups and teams.
- Upholds high standard of Professionalism, integrity and respect for others.
Method of Application
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email; email@example.com; closing date is 2nd August 2019. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.