Tata Communications is a leading global digital infrastructure provider that powers today’s fast growing digital economy.
The company’s customers represent 300 of the Fortune 500 whose digital transformation journeys are enabled by its portfolio of integrated, globally managed services that deliver local customer experiences. Through its network, cloud, mobility, Internet of Things (IoT), collaboration and security services, Tata Communications carries around 30% of the world’s internet routes and connects businesses to 60% of the world’s cloud giants and 4 out of 5 mobile subscribers.
The company’s capabilities are underpinned by its global network. It is the world’s largest wholly owned subsea fibre backbone and a Tier-1 IP network with connectivity to more than 240 countries and territories.
Broad objective of the role
- Strategic Sales for Africa covering big MNO group accounts, OTTs, incumbent PTT bilats, Carrier segment, RSPs, ISPs and aggregator segments for UBS product range (Wholesale Voice, A2P SMS, Signaling services).
- Participate in leadership dialogues to drive business and human capital improvements across the company.
- Managing Major Accounts and key destination countries in defined region.
- Customer & Carrier profile including MNOs, OTTs, Incumbent PTT, Tier 1 carriers, RSP, ISP, Aggregators for Usages based products (Voice transit and VAS, , A2P SMS and Mobile signaling)."
- Leadership sponsors, Product and Market Management, Service Management & Assurance, Billing & Collection
SIZE AND SCOPE OF ROLE
- Total sub region Gross Revenue estimated:
- Total region net Revenue estimated
No. of direct reports
Other size parameters
- Job Location will be Kenya/Ethiopia or Ghana or London/Dubai
ROLE HOLDER REQUIREMENTS
Minimum qualification & experience
- MUST have 10+ years of experience in Telecom industry and 5+ years in wholesale Voice & SMS Industry in Africa region, experience of working with multi-cultural wholesale voice sales people.
- Should understand the various Wholesale Voice & SMS “Business APPs” or Systems & Process intricacies and dependencies of the business. Pricing, routing, deal governance & margin management & reporting etc.
- Should have existing CXO relationship in the Wholesale Segment in Africa
- Should have a good understanding of the regulations and legal nuances of the business in East Africa & other countries in the region.
- Proficiency in English a must, Suhali and any other language would be added advantage "
- Leadership skills, execution and planning focus, communication skills, negotiation skills. Experience of cross-cultural environments to appreciate business development and decision making dynamics (internal and external).
- Knowledge on A2P/SCCP and selling into enterprise accounts is beneficial.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (Key Activities)
1. Sales Planning
- Evaluate past performance and market potential and share recommendations on annual targets;
- Drive development of sales annual plans across farming and hunting accounts,
- Key focus on Business as Usual activities with drive on ""core services"" penetration.
- Focus on segmentation and GTM
- High performance with strong focus on solution sales.
- Identify target existing accounts and potential new accounts, marketing activities such as group workshops to showcase capabilities, participation in industry forums etc;"
- Approval of segment sales and BD plan by senior management
- Performance against budget
- Strength of funnel
- New Revenue streams
- New service introductions
- KRA alignment across functions to achieve objectives"
Protect and Grow" Strategy
- The person will handle Strategic Sales for Africa region MNO group accounts, OTTs, incumbent PTT bilats, Carrier segment, RSPs, ISPs and aggregator segments for UBS product range.
- The person will manage the BAU Bilats and SWAPs and VAS business as well as drive Strategic Solution Selling in the carrier segment.
- Objective is to achieving Sales & Buying quota and assigned strategic carrier account objectives as per Quota for the entire UBS products portfolio. (VTS, VAS, A2P SMS & Mobile Signaling etc) for the destinations & carrier covered.
- Proactively lead company-strategic account planning and work plans to achieve performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a 1-3 year period.
- Provide strategic direction to team for identifying high-potential customers and building long-term alliances; Review account development plans and take corrective actions if required.
- Process innovation to accelarate new UBS services."
- Number of accounts targeted
- Timely creation of account development plans
- Deal closure
Strengthen the Organization
- Guide the Business Development efforts for strategic sales, infra-structure solution sales and in-region trading accounts. Assesses, customer needs and ideate Infra-structure, systemic, return traffic customized solutions to address carrier customer needs and lock –in wholesales traffic.
- Work with Global Sales Group (GSG) to develop Voice/SMS and Data bundled solution proposal which are WIN-WIN for both TCL and carrier customer. Explore V&D buy/sell bundling areas.
- Develop & maintain strong CXO and operational level relationships with key personnel in assigned named accounts customers as well as industry peers.
- Represent Tata Comm interest in several telecom Industry forums, associations & conferences in the region.
- Guide the team to implement an accurate, professional, consistent bid and contract management response process across region customer engagements
- Track Telecom environment in the region, regulatory changes, market dynamics, industry trends, competitive activities and provide necessary market intelligence to the company.
- Number of opportunities identified vs. number of opportunities qualified
- Account development plans
4. Key Account Management with Disciplined execution
- Drive discussions with core groups of operators to develop partnerships;
- Discuss MNO group level opportunities;
- Develop group account plans and share with senior management;
- Identify opportunities to penetrate group account; Review account performance and take corrective actions if required.
- Manage Sales funnel Pipeline l and provide necessary MIS reports from time to time. Also provide Sales Projections, and other inputs.
- Revenue from group accounts
Projects & Initiatives
- Delegate projects and guide team to conduct market analysis and seek customer feedback on new products/services; Share recommendations on market positioning with Product teams as necessary
- Coordinate within company with service management & assurance, billing & Collection, Product and Market Management, in order to meet necessary execution to ensure account performance objectives and customers’ SAT expectations
- Internal stakeholder feedback
- Process Innovation / Improvements introduced
Learning & Development
- Regularly review self development goals; actively participate in coaching conversation and performance review;
- Manage the self training and development for future readiness.
- Self Development
- Focus on performance
- Productivity improvement
- ESAT scores
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Tata International Limited [TIL] career website on www.linkedin.com to apply