- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Systems Development Engineer at JUMO
Posted on: 19 July, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Jumo World
JUMO is a financial technology company that partners with banks, MNOs and other e-commerce players to deliver progressive financial choices to customers in emerging markets across Africa and Asia.
At JUMO we connect people to opportunities. Two billion people worldwide have limited access to formal financial services such as borrowing and saving. We’ve built a large-scale, multi-sided technology platform and designed progressive financial choices to reach them. We use their digital footprint to create a financial identity using only behavioural data.
We are motivated by an ambitious purpose and inspired by the exceptional people that we work with and we are looking for a Systems Development Engineer to join our Engineering team. This position will be based in Nairobi and will report to the Systems Development Team Lead.
The role will help scale and automate our financial services platform as the organization grows across regions worldwide.
- Developing, managing and troubleshooting JUMO’s production and environments hosted in AWS
- Building and maintaining secure communication infrastructure to JUMO’s partners
- Identifying and implementing tooling to support JUMO’s development team and production environment
- Identifying, architecting, developing, automating, and refining processes to allow Jumo to run a highly reliable system in AWS
- Develop monitoring and reporting for JUMO’s infrastructure
- Collaborate with engineering to optimise the database infrastructure
- Documenting operational procedures and best practice system behaviors
- Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements
- Experience mentoring Juniors
- Good oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years experience in scripting
- 5+ years unix systems administration experience
- 3+ years experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
- 3+ year’s experience with major cloud environments such as Amazon or Azure (Amazon preferred)
- 1+ years experience with IP networking and network equipment
- Experience with high volume, highly available systems
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience with Agile (Scrum or Kanban) and Lean methodologies
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumo World career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jumo WorldSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Technobrian
- Principal, Managed Security Services at Safaricom
- Sales & Marketing Sourcer at Gitlab Inc.
- Manager, Trading Desk at Sarova Hotels
- Sales Executive Oracle Utilities at Oracle
- Senior General Business Sales Executive Job at SAP
- Product Owner at Brave Venture Labs
- Software Engineer at Compugoal