The Africa Regional Director (Anglophone and Lusophone) will report to the Executive Director and will manage two offices (Kenya and Nigeria). S/he will lead the regional operations and the strategic development of HD’s portfolio of projects in the Anglophone and Lusophone Africa. As part of the Senior Management Team, s/he will:
- Lead existing projects in the region including managing employees and supervising their development;
- Implement and develop new programmes of work in the region;
- Maintain and develop key strategic relationships for HD in the region;
- Fundraise for the continuation of existing activities and new streams of work in the region;
- Develop broader donor relationships in the region;
- Lead strategic policies for the region and, as part of HD’s Senior Management Team, participate in the development of the organisation;
- Ensure the compliance with internal policies, procedures and rules;
- Undertake travels around the region;
- Represent HD to external partners and stakeholders.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- At least ten years of operational experience in conflict resolution, negotiation or diplomacy related to the Africa region;
- A strong experience in people management;
- Able to demonstrate diplomatic, negotiation and communication skills;
- A Master’s degree in conflict resolution, international relations, development or a related field;
- Possess strong command of written and spoken English, French would be considered as an asset;
- Strong fundraising abilities.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above described qualifications, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter (both documents in one pdf file) by 18 August 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.