African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) works with the people of Africa to ensure its wildlife and wild lands thrive in modern Africa. The organization is seeking high-performing individuals to fill the position of Director of Administration & Facilities. This position will ensure administrative, logistical, and operational excellence across the organization. The Director of Administration & Facilities will support operations of project sites and other country offices and develop, implement, and improve processes aimed at enhancing program performance as well as ensure implementation of and adherence to operational, administrative, and logistical policies and procedures.
The Human Resources Intern carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Recruitment, Orientation, Contract management, Filing and benefits management. This position will report to Human Resources Assistant
- Assist with Longlisting
- Assist in the coordination of Interviews
- Conduct reference checks on successful candidates and send regrets to unsuccessful ones
- Assist in preparing orientation schedules for new staff and ensure that the facilitators are notified before the staff joins.
- Update the contract status tracker and notify the supervisor of contracts that are due to expire three months in advance.
- Open files for new staff within two days of their reporting and ensure that all documents have been filed.
- Carry out an audit of all staff files and ensure that they are complete with all the necessary documentation (Contracts, CV& certificates, appraisal forms, Bio data forms, new staff Information forms etc.)
- Assist with the scanning of documents to be filed in the shared drive.
- Assist in the printing of documents to be filled employee files in the HR Archive room.
- Update the pension scheme eligibility tracker and notify the supervisor when a staff is due for enrollment or due for contribution percentage increase.
- Any other relevant duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management
- At least 6 Months experience in a similar position
- Excellent organizational skills: able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with HRIS systems or ability to learn.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Team oriented, flexible, and adaptable, with A positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of professionalism.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates can send their applications to email@example.com. Please send a cover letter, your detailed CV as a single PDF document indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Closing Date: July 24, 2019