The Nairobi Hospital, a leading healthcare institution in Eastern Africa, has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess passion for excellence, strong work ethics, are results oriented and commitment to continual improvement. The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to effectively add value to enabling excellent patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Successful candidates will be expected to perform the following roles among others: -
- Regularly run items below re-order level report and raise Purchase Requisition Orders (PROs) for all items as required in a timely manner and ensure no stock outs.
- Coordinating material receiving from external suppliers and invite both security and user’s representative or Quality Assistant for cross-checking.
- Physically inspect and verify material items from suppliers against Purchase Order (PO) specification supplier delivery documents and receive.
- Signing stamp supplier delivery documents and immediately raise a system Goods Receive Notes to confirm receipt.
- Transferring material commodities to their respective storage shelves whilst ensuring proper handling, shelving and coding of materials.
- Checking shelf life and expiry dates of material during receipt from suppliers and while storage in compliance with the Hospital’s policies and procedures and promptly report nonconformance.
- Maintaining the First Expiry First Out (FEFO) system for storage and issuance of items.
- Participating in carrying out daily, quarterly and random stock takes.
- Ensuring that any stock variances are thoroughly investigated, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Promptly forwarding documents to Procurement, users and Finance for processing in line with the Hospital Procedures.
- Issuing items to user departments against approved off issue vouchers and ensure that all requisitioned goods reach the intended user department.
- Maintaining a comprehensive up-to-date document filing and retrieval system for all stores transactions.
- Observing appropriate security measures throughout the supply chain process by releasing all issued stocks in locked and/or sealed containers for transportations.
- Regularly inspecting material, storage areas within the stores and ensure the highest standards of housekeeping, safety and security requirements are achieved and maintained.
- Adhering to laid down standard operating procedures and work instructions in stock management and storage of medical and other materials.
- Developing effective channels of communication with the users of stores services.
- Supervising support staff and students on attachment working at the stores
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Business from a recognised University.
- Candidates with a Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies in addition to a University Degree will be given preference.
- One-year relevant work experience.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Ms-Office.
- High level of integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send your application to the Human Resources Director, The Nairobi Hospital quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to be received not later than 5th August 2019.
Ag. Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic and Professional certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers (where applicable)