Hope for Victoria Children (HOVIC) is implementing a 5-year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program, dubbed MWENDO in Partnership with CRS, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV and child protection systems and services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC, Caregivers and their households.
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Duration: 1 year (Renewable based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds)
Purpose of the position:
This position is responsible for the Finance & Accounting function in the MWENDO project to ensure sound Financial Practices with adequate internal controls are in place.
Planning & Budgeting
- Provide input during the budgeting process for the assigned projects.
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process to ensure quality and realistic budgets are developed
- Ensure Planning & Budgeting guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure compliance with MWENDO guidelines and other standards
- Conduct financial analysis for management decision making.
- Develop realistic cash flow forecasts in line with the plans
- Participate in proposal writing and grant budget development.
- Periodically monitor and advice management on budget utilization
- Prepare financial data transactions into the Accounting System.
- Prepare and submit accurate project funding requests.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements monthly
- Prepare financial analyses for management decision making
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely financial reports.
- Management of balance sheet accounts
- Ensure safe custody of cash and checkbook
- Ensure maintenance of up to date records of cash disbursement.
- Cash flow management to ensure compliance with target low.
- Maintain an accurate and updated fixed assets register for the Programs/Projects.
- Ensure that assets are properly utilized and safeguarded.
Human Resources and Administration:
- Establish and manage a comprehensive employees training program regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures;
- In consultation with the Head of Finance and Administration and the Executive Director, maintain and review all systems related to HR management in the organization (leave, payroll, medical payments, staff loans, employee files, job description, and staff appraisals).
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- In consultation with the Head of Finance and Administration oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations.
- Any other duty as assigned by your supervisor from time to time
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance, Business Management / Administration or related degree
- Minimum Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Part II
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience:
- Professional membership with a recognized body is an added advantage
- Knowledge of one or more accounting system
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong budgetary and financial management and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- The person must be results-oriented, able to handle public relations, able to satisfy stakeholders and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Integrity, commitment, and respect for diversity
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Computer literate.
Method of Application
Please send your application indicating current/last salary and expected salary to email@example.com. Ensure you only quote the job title on the email subject. Only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be shortlisted.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.