WE is a movement that believes when we come together we can create an even better world. WE makes it easy for you to get involved – whether at home, school or work – by offering resources to help you create positive social change in your community and around the world.
Through WE Charity initiatives, WE empowers communities to lift themselves out of poverty through our holistic, sustainable international development model, WE Villages.
In Canada, the US, and the UK, WE Day and WE Schools are initiatives of WE Charity that educate and empower young people. WE Schools is a year long educational program that nurtures compassion in students and gives them the tools to create transformative social change. WE Day is a series of stadium-sized events that celebrate youth making a difference in their local and global communities.
ME to WE is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. We offer socially conscious and environmentally friendly products as well as life changing experiences. ME to WE measures the bottom line not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives changed and the positive social and environmental impact made. Half of ME to WE’s net profit is donated to WE Charity. The other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise and its social mission.
WE is looking for an outstanding Procurement Manager.
The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to Narok.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Forecast and support preparation of budgets for WE Charity and Youth Trip Activities for every quarter
- Operate and promote the use of P2P systems for processes in supply chain management which include e-requisition, e-tendering, e-inventory
- Analyse competitive forces and trends that influence the market that vendors and clients operate in
- Advise stakeholders on the operation of financial budgets and assess the causes of variances to planned expenditure
- Collate data and the breakdown of costs represented by goods, services and constructional works
- Develop appropriate agreements that consider both short and long term implications
- Conduct supplier appraisal – evaluate the use and choice of pre-qualified suppliers, pre-qualification criteria or processes for supplier appraisal in sourcing and taking into account stakeholder requirements
- Achieve added value outcomes by working with suppliers, internal customers or other stakeholders
- Effective contract management – collate and analyse data that measure the control of prices and costs and financial savings made.
- Manage the contract tracker and flag contracts due for renewal
- Define processes to monitor contractual KPIs to assess quality, performance, cost management, resources and delivery with suppliers and stakeholders
- Carry out stock replenishment and effective inventory control through the main techniques of re-order quantities; re-order levels and J.I.T.
- Work to ensure that requisitions, orders, purchase justifications and other documentation are clear and correct
- Work to ensure that internal stakeholders obtain approvals for commitments to requisitions, orders and invoices
- Develop, hone and execute improved supply chain strategies across all channels
- Ensure efficient supply chain and administration operations
- Achievement of cost cutting strategies to increase revenue
- Effective delivery of consignments by tracking shipments for various channels
- Competitive pricing
- Reduced costs from monitoring of inventory
- Accurate reports on buying expenditure and cost saving
Minimum Skills and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor degree in a business related field – Commerce, Economics, Administration (Compulsory)
- UK Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supplies Level 6 (Compulsory)
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of working with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Software
- Registered Member of KISM and/or CIPS
- At least 5 Years’ Experience in supply chain
- A high level of integrity
- Talent in negotiation and networking
- Project management and planning
- Time management skills
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills
- Determination and Persistence
- Flexibility and ability to support the entire supply chain network (inbound/operations/outbound logistics)
Method of Application
WE are delighted to have you join our journey to bring about change in the world. WE are proud and excited to have you as part of our team! WE sincerely thank all those who will apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send your cover letter and resume (indicating your current salary) to email@example.com on or before 12th August 2019.