FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society, environment, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Reports To: Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Specialist
Project: HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be part of the HIV Service Delivery Support Activity - Rift Valley M&E team and will work under the direct supervision of the Director Monitoring and Evaluation. ““He/she will assist the Director M&E to implement and manage a comprehensive monitoring and information system, ensure consistency, timely reporting and integrity of data; oversee management and reporting and use of complex, related information”. Conduct data analysis, interpret data, including statistical values, and provide advice and consultation regarding data capture tools. He/she will participate in other activities related to HMIS, research, targeted evaluation, surveillance surveys and monitoring and evaluation as well as provide assistance and training to project and implementing partner and GoK staff involved in data collection, analysis and reporting at all levels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Data collection tools, database implementation
- Participate in the design, development and use of data capture tools and user guides to meet project requirements with a view to meeting donor requirements and minimizing the data collection and reporting burden for implementing partners.
- Develop necessary documentation and provide support to all project and implementing partner staff to understand project reporting requirements and indicator definitions Develop and oversee implementation of well-functioning data tools requisition and distribution system.
- Monitor the timely submission of project data at site level and above, by age and gender disaggregations
- Develop and oversee implementation of an archiving system for all program and research-related data and files.
- Actively participate in implementation, monitoring and utilization of project databases.
Data Quality and use
- Help ensure the implementation of a functional data quality assurance system at project and implementing partner level with regular reports for the M& E Director.
- Monitor use of data quality assessments tools by project and implementing partner staff
- Provide assistance to Technical teams to develop data analysis and use plans
- Assists in data analysis (routine and adhoc) and interpretation using various statistical and database packages and appropriate presentation formats
- Under guidance of Director M&E develop/review Standard Operating Procedures for M&E Officers for field visits and Technical Assistance to implementing partners
- Monitor use of standard operating procedures for field visits by M&E Officers and document the process and support timely site level data capturing and provide trouble-shooting where required.
- Monitor quality of data and assist in developing data quality products such as bulletins, reports
- Conduct routine data quality assessments on program data bases and provide ongoing support to implementing partners to do the same
Trains, mentors implementing partner and MOH staff in specific M&E processes and tools. Build the capacity of project and partner staff in Monitoring & Evaluation and national HMIS.
Management and Coordination
Assist in compiling project data for reporting to donor on a monthly, quarterly and more frequent basis Provide timely guidance and support to field M&E personnel and implementing partner/MoH counterparts Ensure data collection and reporting systems are in place at all participating sites Assist in project evaluations and research activities. Keep abreast of latest trends in Monitoring and Evaluation. Produce analytical products with high quality data visualization Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Project Director.
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Technical knowledge managing complex data bases and reporting systems
- Experience in capacity building of partners in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in data analysis and presenting statistical reports particularly involving HIV/AIDS data to different audiences
- Keen to maintain data security and data quality systems
- Extensive knowledge of USAID/PEPFAR/GOK reporting systems and requirements
- Good planning, coordination and organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with implementing partners including the MOH
- Knowledge of standards, desirable outcomes or SOP in HIV/AIDS programs is an added advantage
MINIMUM STANDARD REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in Demography, Public health, Bio statistics or a related field with at least 5-7 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of USAID funded or HIV/AIDS projects or a BA/BSc with 7-9 years of experience.
- Experience in data management and knowledge in best practices in data management.
- Experience in planning and implementing surveys is an added advantage.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, Stata, and Ms Access. Demonstrated experience with National Health Management Information Systems and electronic medical records system.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal trainings.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to FHI360 NGO career website on fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply