- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Livelihoods Advisor at Voluntary Service Overseas
Posted on: 25 July, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Voluntary Service Overseas
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Job Purpose: Coordinate the implementation of ICT4D solutions in VSO’s livelihoods programmes
- Act as a focal point for programme teams on the use of technology to drive or monitor impact within VSO’s livelihoods core programme area
- Provide oversight and mentoring to volunteers working on IT delivery within VSO’s livelihoods programmes.
- Enable programme teams to follow VSO’s standard software implementation processes, supporting needs analysis, design, system selection, testing, training, implementation and adoption.
- Foster institutional knowledge, by curating resources for VSO to better understand how technology is being used across different programme teams within livelihoods.
- Make connections across programme teams, to ensure that teams working on similar projects can collaborate and benefit from best practice and lessons learned in other locations.
- Act as a business analyst, to support programme teams in effective scoping, good requirements documentation, workflow mapping, robust solutions design and thorough implementation planning.
- Work closely with the rest of the IT team to ensure that system solutions implemented align with VSO’s existing enterprise architecture where required.
- Ensure that solutions implemented at VSO, or within partner organisations, are sustainable and that clear arrangements are in place for ongoing support and maintenance.
- Ensure programme teams are following VSO’s standard procurement processes when making decisions about technology investment
- Ensure programme teams are aware of the need for “privacy by design” and completion of a Data Privacy Impact Assessment when implementing new products or processes.
- Ensure that program implementation is responsive to communities’ and partners’ needs.
- Manage reporting process for completed and in-progress pilot projects in the field.
- Support programme teams to design, develop and implement ICT4D for development projects and programmes.
Essential selection criteria
- Technical expertise and in-depth understanding of contemporary ICT4D topics with special emphasis on one or more of the following areas: mobile tools and mobile development; data science and data visualization; technology and innovation in livelihoods, education or health.
- Experience working closely with suppliers to support the technical and/or functional design, build, testing, and launch of technology applications
- Exposure to working in international development programmes
- Experience working with local partner organizations, as well as private sector partners
- Experience with and enthusiasm for coaching, mentoring and on the job training, capacity strengthening and partnership building.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations and strong working and inter-personal relationships in diverse cultural contexts
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills, including substantial hands-on experience in complex process analysis and system design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English) required
- Able to present complex technical information clearly to a non-technical audience, with the ability to provide the appropriate level of detail.
- Able to create a highly collaborative work environment consisting of both technical and subject matter experts.
- Interested and able to work in a multicultural, distributed, and international team setting
- Strong Project management skills
- Proven business analysis skills
- Effective meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to influence a broad variety of stakeholders
- Willing to travel
Desired selection criteria
- Experience of Monitoring and Evaluation methodologies and tools
- Knowledge of user experience design methodologies
- Experience of reviewing and negotiating software contracts and licenses
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Voluntary Service Overseas career website on www.vsointernational.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Voluntary Service OverseasSimilar Jobs
- Research Analyst, Clean Energy Finance at World Resources Institute (WRI)
- Regional Business Analyst at CARE
- Associate Information Officer at United Nations Environment Programme
- Communications Officer – Creative Writer at International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Gender Summit Africa Intern, AIMS Secretariat at African Institute for Mathematical Sciences
- Roving Finance Coordinator at Save the Children
- Latest Recruitment at Options Consultancy Services
- Finance Officer at CARE International