Old Mutual is a premium African financial services organisation that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key market segments in 17 countries. The lines of business include Life and Savings, Property and Casualty, Asset Management and Banking and Lending.
We are rooted in our purpose of Championing Mutually Positive Futures Every Day and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience. An opportunity has arisen for a Head of Digital and Data RoA (Rest of Africa) reporting to the Chief Data and Digital Officer.
The Head of Digital and Data RoA works with the Group Executives for Digital and Data to define and sets the strategy for driving customer centricity through the digitization of customer journey, using data as an asset to advance business objectives and to delivering on new innovative digital propositions and businesses across the RoA markets in which Old Mutual operates. This spans across 13 countries (with their own cultural nuances), across all lines of business: 2 banks; 10 Life companies; 9 GI companies; 5 Health companies; and 5 Asset Management companies. The Head of Digital and Data RoA will inter alia be responsible for:
- Aligning RoA Digital and Data strategy, objectives and deliveries with the country business stakeholders (Country and Regional CEO’s, COO’s and FD’s) and business plans.
- Deliver the overall commercial results for Digital and Data in RoA within the agreed upon risk appetite.
- Lead the Digital Transformation for the rest of the continent, by identifying and applying the changes required to the organizational structures, processes, capabilities and culture in order to achieve its successful Digital Transformation.
- Lead RoA and in-country strategy development and execution for value extraction from our data assets through driving Personalization and Analytics driven use cases.
- Engage and negotiate for decision making with country Regulators.
- Design and implement operating models for setting up regional and/or in-country Digital Hubs to scale development and execution.
- Explore and implement Digital Business Models.
- Drive partnerships with MNOs, Fintechs, Insuretechs.
- Improve customer experience by driving digital engagement, sales & servicing.
- Develop and implement plans to improve the end-to-end customer experience within the rest of the continent
If you are looking for an opportunity to drive this newly created capability and make an impact across the African continent, then Old Mutual is a great place to be.
Key Result Areas
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Make it easy to do business with RoA through the digitization of key customer journeys
- Improve customer experience through personalized conversations with customers
Winning the war on Talent:
- Drive the development of key Digital Hubs (in partnership with Software Engineering Heads), Advanced Analytics, UX and Product Management skills across the key RoA across the continent
- Implement new ways of working in conceiving change and in delivery
- Manage the unit within the appropriate risk and compliance frameworks
- Drive improvements in Simplification & efficiency across key markets in RoA
- Drive improvements in Retention & persistency across key markets in RoA
- Drive improvements in Revenue Generation (new customer acquisition, increase in cross-sell and up-sell) across key markets in RoA
- Drive an increase in active digital customers and customer experience improvements across key markets in RoA
- Reduce cybersecurity and fraud risk, as well as operating within risk appetite for the unit across the key markets in RoA
- Drive the strategy and execution of a Data Analytics Platform that will be leveraged by enterprise users of data across the enterprise.
- Drive the strategy and execution of a Personalization platform that will be leveraged by channel to drive hyper-personalized conversations with customers and intermediaries.
- Drive the development and implementation of advanced analytics use cases across the RoA business value chain
- Drive the strategy and implementation of eCommerce across key markets across RoA
- Driven the identification, prioritization and digitization of key customer journeys across key markets across RoA
- Driven strategic partnerships and the development of new digital businesses across the key RoA markets
The following are key requirements for the role:
- +10 years proven business knowledge of African continent, preferably in a Financial services organization
- Excellent business judgment, analytic and problem-solving skills, with experience applying these skills to analyze large, complex and multi-dimensional problems
- 5 years’ experience in people management, leading teams and motivating people.
- Proven ability to drive cross functional collaborations and build consensus
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders
- Strong blend of strategic perspectives, business acumen and technical knowledge
- Driven, high energy level and proven record of driving results
Requirements: Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
- Relevant post graduate studies (e.g., Degree in Data Science, Actuarial Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Statistics, Information Systems, Applied Math)
- MBA is advantageous
- Leading with Influence
- Customer First
- Personal Mastery
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Old Mutual Kenya career website on vacancies.oldmutual.co.za to apply