- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Post Doctoral Researcher - Health Economics at KEMRI - Wellcome Trust Research Programme / KEMRI Wellcome Trust
Posted on: 29 July, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Research
View All Jobs at KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP)
The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research – (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust.
The post-doctoral researcher will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and supporting a body of work focused on the costing and economic evaluation of healthcare interventions.
- Supporting and contributing to the health economics capacity building initiatives of the Health Economics Research Unit (HERU).
- Supervision and mentorship of PhD students and research assistants.
- Contribute and support policy engagement initiatives of HERU
- Develop own body of work and mobilize research funding to support their transition to research independence.
- PhD students
- Research assistants
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
- The primary responsibility will be to coordinate and support a body of work focused on the costing and economic evaluation of healthcare interventions.
- For the Health Economics Research Unit (HERU) to:
- Develop research proposals for ethics and scientific review
- Lead the implementation of studies once ethics review has been obtained
- Lead the analysis and write-up of study findings
- Support HERU policy engagement initiatives
- Support supervision and mentorship of PhD Students and research assistants
- Support HERU capacity development initiatives
- Develop grant applications for funding
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A PhD in health Economics
- A Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, economics or a health-related subject.
- Experience and skills in costing, and cost-effectiveness analysis of healthcare interventions including using modelling approaches such as decision tree and markov models.
- Experience and skills in econometrics and its application to the economics of health systems such as equity and efficiency analysis
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills using R and Stata as a minimum
- Applicants should have interest and ideally experience in health systems the Kenyan health sector
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills a meticulous approach to documentation (including word processing and spreadsheet skills)
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision and meet deadlines
- Office based
- Field work in selected counties
- Willingness to travel throughout the country
- Requires flexibility in the hours worked, with the priority being meeting the team’s research goals
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) career website on jobs.kemri-wellcome.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP)Similar Jobs
- Digital Marketing Executive at Indepth Research Services
- Programme Statistician at Wellcome Trust
- Finance and Accounting Manager at Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
- Job Openings at Busara Center for Behavioral Economics