Samasource is Social Enterprise that gives digital work to youth across the globe. We currently have over 1800 Reps in our center in Nairobi training data for Artificial Intelligence. 25% of the Fortune 50 trust Samasource to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Samasource fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped over 50,000 people lift themselves out of poverty.
The incumbent will be responsible for offering a robust support system to offer real time counseling support services to all staff.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide a safe outlet and relief to staff through counselling in order to enhance their productivity.
- Provide resilience counselling and support to staff and facilitate group counseling processes including planning the group process and group facilitation.
- Psychologically empower staff in the effort to manage stress and burnout.
- Provide continuous psychological assessments and identify areas of support required.
- Working with the training team, develop curriculum for personal development and wellness programmes.
- Identify any trends from counseling sessions and advise management on strategies to manage and enhance employee wellness.
- Manage the counseling team’s scheduling and work plans and submit periodic reports and statistics related to counseling and supervision activities including setting objectives for the counseling team and planning the activities required to achieve them.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage the counseling team’s self-care programme through support and supervision to avoid burnout and vicarious traumatization.
- Working with the training and policy team, create and facilitate wellness activities.
- Ensure that all work with clients is confidential and that ethical practices are observed at all times.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Bachelor degree in Psychology, Counseling or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to maintain neutrality, impartiality and confidentiality in all aspects of work undertaken.
- Good report writing and observational skills.
- Ability to handle issues with empathy .
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and needs and willingness to work across different shifts.=
- At least 5 years’ experience in providing trauma and workplace counselling.
- Member of KCPA or other recognized accredited body for counselors.
Applications should be received by August 9, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Samasource career website on www.linkedin.com to apply