Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, sex, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- Coordinate, assess and supervise the proper functioning of the medical activities (Emergency, SGBV, etc.), according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Participate in the definition of annual planning and budget for the project and in the follow up of the programs / project. Supervise and ensure that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved.
- Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers ...) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
- Ensure an efficient pharmacy management and monitoring the rational use of them. In coordination with the project biomedical service, supervise the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipate future needs. Prepare the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identify and report to the line manager, non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.)
- Coordinate and monitor the daily work plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves.)
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to improve staff capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Participate in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. Sitreps, medical statistical reports, etc.).
Registered diploma Clinical officer, desirable specialization or training in Tropical Medicine or related studies.
Essential 2 year working experience related to the diploma/degree and previous experience in MSF in the field. Previous experience in a Supervisory role an added advantage.
Experience in Sexual Violence and Emergency care programs an added advantage
Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Required computer skills (excel, word)
Strategic Vision, Leadership, People Management and Development, Service Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Stress Management, Flexibility
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, please email your CV & motivation letter as a single file by 9th August, 2019 under the subject “Medical Activity Manager – Mathare Project ” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal opportunity Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee