- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fund Raising Officer for Kenya at Finn Church Aid
Posted on: 30 July, 2019
Deadline: 10 August, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish NGO in international aid. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions.
Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and marketing of Kenyan proposals by ensuring that project documents are secure, timely and comply with FCA and donor standards.
- Works closely with country director, program manager, thematic specialists, GG and finance teams to develop timely, high quality and competitive projects proposals and presents proposals to donors.
- Works with Kenyan teams to create clear, succinct narrative and financial documents that suggest a course of action or idea to donors.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategic meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, reviewing, and approval.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent.
- Understanding of human rights-based approach and other development and humanitarian work related national and international policies, strategies, UN conventions and international laws.
- Over 5 years of working experience in development cooperation and humanitarian assistance programs within an international environment.
- Demonstrated experience in programmatic development leading to funded programmes and growing portfolios.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated organizational, management and fundraising skills.
- Knowledge and experience of cooperation with governmental and non-governmental agencies in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian assistance.
- Conversant in project cycle management, project planning, fundraising and knowledge management.
- Knowledge of Kenya context.
- Knowledge of FCA’s strategic themes (Quality Education, Livelihoods, Peace).
- Ability to work independently under pressure in an organized and responsive manner.
- Ability to identify donor intelligence for appropriate timely action.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their motivation letter and CV to email@example.com by COB 10 August 2019. This is a fixed term position to 31 September 2020
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Finn Church Aid (FCA)Similar Jobs
- Chief of Party at IREX
- Regional Head of Advocacy, Campaign, Communication and Media at Save the Children
- Job Openings at World Vision Kenya
- Content Development Coordinator at FilmAid Kenya (FAK)
- Manager - Health and Nutrition at Concern Worldwide
- Job Openings at Hivos People Unlimited
- Internship Opportunities at UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Quality Assurance Engineer Kenya at Food for the Hungry