Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G, 4G wireless services and mobile commerce.
Airtel Kenya wishes to recruit for the position of a Zonal Business Manager, within the Sales & Distribution Department. Reporting to the Sales & Distribution Director, the incumbent’s role will include;
- Managing customer base and revenue growth on both Airtel Mobile and Airtel Money Business within designated zone.
- Managing and supporting Airtel distribution partners and staff within the assigned region by planning and coordinating inter and extra departmental activities in order to maximize sales revenues, grow market share, foster distributor effectiveness through routine review meetings, and manage company relationship with regional stakeholders to foster excellent corporate governance.
- Developing and improve skill set for direct reports through continuous coaching and mentoring.
- Maintaining close watch on market dynamics that affect the business and report and keep record on competitor activities
Expected key results:
- Manage the Channel Partners in the designated Zone
- Market Development
- Communication cascade and process adherence
- Financial Management
- People Management
- 6 years of varied experience in Sales and Distribution
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in Telecom at management level.
- Telecom analytical skills both local and regional
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or relevant field (required)
- Master’s in Business Administration (preferred)
Competencies and behaviour
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business at multiple levels
- Ability to manage large scale with a very wide geographical scope across regions of assignment
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to deliver business solution
- High level of interpersonal skills and able to relate at all levels within the business.
- Sound sales & distribution experience – combination of both FMCG/Direct marketing customer intimacy
- Keen on end to end to distributor and staff issues.
- Sound analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and should be able to lead cross functional teams.
- High level of planning & execution capabilities
- Good leadership skills to drive positive team synergy and productivity
Internal candidates with a keen interest in sales are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 2nd August 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Airtel career website on www.linkedin.com to apply