We welcome more than 300 children on two campuses in Nairobi, Kenya. The Karen campus includes toddler, playgroup, and kindergarten classes as well as primary grades 1 to 8 as a well high school grades (beginning with class 9 in September 2020). The Lavington campus consists of toddler, playgroup, and kindergarten classes in addition to primary grades 1 and 2.
We are connected to the global Waldorf community and are part of the growing Waldorf movement in East Africa. Our school is proud to host mentors and teachers from around the world, oﬀering a diverse experience for our children and community members alike. We are governed by an elected Board of Trustees comprised of faculty, administration, parents, and respected members of the community. They, in partnership with the school management, develop and establish school policies, oversee financial decisions, and approve faculty and staﬀ appointments. We oﬀer both Kenyans and Foreigners residing in the country an exclusive opportunity to raise competent, capable, and happy human beings.
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust seeks to hire a Finance and Administrative Assistant.
This role will require significant ownership and a strong drive to learn and grow. It requires a lot of flexibility, good will and following through on tasks to completion with great attention to detail.
- Process and reconcile imprests and maintain the imprest debtors’ sub-ledgers for accountability.
- Preparation of payment vouchers and ensuring their accuracy and correctness;
- Prepare timely and accurate bank reconciliation statements for decision making;
- Handling, issuing and reconciling of petty cash in line with Concern’s procedures & policies
- Manage the assets register for accuracy and correctness;
- Assist the finance coordinator in processing Invoices;
- Posting suppliers invoices in the school’s accounting system
- Filing all paperwork associated with such transactions.
- Collect and enter data on various financial spreadsheets
- Assist the finance Coordinator in creating financial reports on a regular basis.
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
- Handling accruals and prepayments
- Answer questions and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed.
- Acting as a first point of contact for the school
- Enrolling and admitting new children to the school
- Ensuring that all visitors are logged and have appropriate identification
- Maintaining and updating school information, databases and records
- Communicating with parents regarding various aspects of school life, receiving and passing on information between teachers and parents.
- Ensuring the reception area is kept tidy and that the notice boards are kept up to date
- Assisting in ordering stationery, materials and other resources and ensuring that stock levels are well maintained.
- Oversee the administration function to facilitate service delivery to both internal and external customers in line with the school policies.
- Scheduling, setting up travel, Meetings and appointments for parents and the School manager.
- Preparation for and assistance at open morning, taking calls and recording details of enquires from prospective new families and making necessary follow up.
- Receiving, sorting and distributing all packages, deliveries and mail.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Professional certification ACCA/CPA level 2 and/or Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Public Administration or relevant field.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, planning and organization skills
- A proactive self-starter and achiever
- Some experience with computerized accounting packages will be desirable.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
Method of Application
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications, send your application to email@example.com indicating the position title Finance and Administrative Assistant on the subject line by 9th August, 2019.
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust (NWST) is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.