Responsibilities include organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods.
The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
The right candidate for the job must understands sea-fright and airfreight customs clearance procedures, transportation process and how they interface with other company processes, warehousing or shipping etc. Effective time management is essential, as it is critical thinking and the ability to solve complex problems effectively. C&F Manager must also be able to speak and write effectively, as well as assimilate information from the written word and make judgments based on the costs and benefits of various activities. They must understand the company motto of Secure Reliable and On time and ensure to make it happen.
Duties and Responsibilities.
Reporting to the General MANAGER
- In charge of strategic planning of the operations of Nairobi division which include Nairobi branch, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kisumu, Busia and Malaba.
- Responsible for coordinating the oil and gas activities in Nakuru, Eldoret, Kisumu, Malaba and Busia.
- To guide clients on clearance processes in Kenya as per their requirements with SOPs in Place, including checking and approving their draft documents before they are finalized.
- Receive all pre-alerts for all Airfreight, Sea freight, Transit and Transhipments including Local imports and Exports by sea and road and forward the documents to the concerned parties.
- Setting KPI for the division and following up for accomplishment and handling nonconformance.
- Handle all Queries and information on shipments from Origins and/or Clients.
- Ensure all operations team Members work as a Team to achieve set standard requirements per company rules.
- For Transit/ Transhipment Air freight shipments Book Cargo space with respective Airlines.
- Prompt positive liaison with all Ground Staff & Transport Department for all Local & Transit Road Shipments including customs clearance etc.
- Ensure all Operations Master Files records & Documents are kept in good order & in right places within the office as per its set processes.
- To Handle / Check all purchase Invoices are correctly billed to us & that we have fully recovered all its costs / charges. Verify / Approve these Invoices.
- Checking and Approval of all outgoing Draft Invoices to any Clients. Also to approve all such final Invoices for all Clients and to ensure all its attached documents are correct & as per its requirements & per what is stated in Invoices.
- Fully Intervene with Customs Authorities, KPA, Shipping lines, Airlines or Ground Handlers as & when required when there are disputes or queries or mis-handled or mis-performed by others or juniors during its clearance processes and to ensure prompt positive results to the Customers.
- To Monitor & Supervise that all our Transit & Transhipment Entries are lodged upon arrival of goods and Entries are passed & processed within 48 Hours to avoid any Airport Storage charges
- Address customer issues and ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Supervise with the Declaration Team and Bonds Officers to ensure our Bonds are cancelled in time to avoid deferred costs.
- Seamless coordination with Transport department to ensure efficient loading at ICDE, offloading at client premises as well as return of empties back to the shipping line.
- Appraising the performance of the division’s staff and also taking disciplinary measures when required in liaison with HR department.
- Ensuring company policies and procedures, statutory legislation is adhered to in the department.
- Prospecting, marketing and sales and participating in tenders and making quotations to potential customers.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction to retain the clients and responding to their queries.
- Effective communication skills – both oral and written
- Highly developed teamwork skills – ability to work with others and embrace team work
- Ability to coordinate the C&F operations with a large team of diverse creative employees
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in holding conversations with customers and giving progress reports.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches and departmental contribution – commitment to continuous learning.
- Ability to participate in tenders and offering quotations to customer requests.