GA Insurance Limited is one of the oldest insurance companies operating in Kenya specializing in all classes of general and medical insurance. Having its parentage from General Accident UK, it was incorporated as Kenyan Insurance Company in 1979. Enjoying its presence for over 60 years, brand GA has earned its standing as one of the most reputable insurance companies in Kenya.
In 2006, General Accident Insurance Company was acquired by the renowned I&M Bank Group in Kenya. The Bank has operations in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Mauritius. The group has other business interest like Coke Bottling, manufacturing industry and real estate.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the incumbent shall be responsible for leading the general business underwriting and reinsurance departments, managing and guiding all underwriting strategies in line with the company policies, procedures and the overall company strategy in order to satisfy customers and shareholders’ expectation.
The incumbent will provide leadership, support and guidance to the underwriting and reinsurance team and ensure that they achieve the goals, objectives and standards of the company.
- Overall supervision, appraisal, training and development of staff in the underwriting and reinsurance departments.
- Responsible for the overall underwriting and organic business development within the company risk appetite levels.
- Overseeing the activities of underwriting and reinsurance in the company ensuring proper and timely documentation and dispatch of policy documents, endorsement renewal notices etc.
- Vetting all risks up to the required approved limits, in addition oversee that the risks undertaken by the company are adequately covered through reinsurance programs.
- Preparing and maintaining up to date underwriting manual / underwriting guide and enforce compliance.
- Periodically review and recommend changes in policy pricing, underwriting systems and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure optimal re-insurance cover, timely payment of reinsurance premiums and prompt reinsurance claims recovery.
- Ensure prompt risk surveys evaluations as per the company policies and make recommendations on risk improvements.
- Construction of equitable policy contracts and due execution of policies and other accountable documents e.g. certificate motor insurance and marine
- Marketing company products and ensuring proper customer service.
- Ensuring timely preparation of management reports.
- Take part in process re-engineering to enhance service standards
- Writing Business Proposals and Quotations Process
- Ensure Internal and External Compliance
- Bachelor degree from a recognized university.
- Master degree will be an added advantage.
- Qualified in AIIK Diploma/ACII or its equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience.
- Minimum of 8 years should have been at senior management level.
- Leadership skills
- Decision Making skills
- Impact and Influence
- Results driven
- Customer centric
- Technical credibility
Method of Application
If you meet the above minimum requirements, send your c.v to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate the position applied for on the email subject line so as to be received on or before 16th, August 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.