Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group's capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group's operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the person is responsible for selling SME products and provide general business banking solutions to customers while observing the policies, processes and procedures of KCB Bank.
- Execute sales of SME assets, Liabilities and other product types as per targets allocated by your Branch Manager.
- To deal with customer queries, requests, instructions, suggestions/service feedback and dissemination of information on bank products to both existing and potential customers.
- Facilitate the branch’s Service Delivery to customers.
- Handle Establishment of new and Variation of existing account relationships.
- Deal primarily with SME accounts.
- Selling bank products to new customers and cross selling to existing customers.
- Handling establishment of new account relationships, Variations to the existing relationships, Initial stages of credit matters, and Dissemination of information relating to the Bank’s Products & Services.
- Deposit mobilization for the bank
- Extending support and guidance to Customer Care Rep.
- Leadership of the Branch’s customer service.
- Credit cards/debit cards inquiries and encashment.
- Collect information from customers relating to account relationship.
- Handling of shares IPO related matters.
- Initial interview of customers who require financial assistance/facilities and direct them accordingly ensuring that relevant supporting documents are obtained.
- Doing Business banking returns, Customer care returns, Sales returns, and relevant areas of the Executive Summary.
- Annual branch budget relevant areas.
- Sales calls and market intelligence gathering.
- Receive and solve or escalate both verbal and written customer complaints noting to record them in the customer complaints register.
- Receiving, guiding and doing initial appraisal of loan applications
- Explaining and having customers sign letters of offer.
- Offering information on check-off loans, receiving applications, Appraising & Dispatching them to CRU-H/O, and Guiding & Witnessing acceptance of terms of credit on offer letters.
- Completing of the advances facilities books (date applied, approved/declined, date letter of offer signed, date draw down made, etc).
- Any other duties that may be allocated from time to time.
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
- University degree in Business related degree from a recognized and reputable institution.
- At least 3 years working experience in front line sales, credit analysis and customer service
- Experience in developing and supporting business strategy is essential.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated consistent high performance in role(s) held.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practice in Banking.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Knowledge of the Banking Regulatory guidelines, products and services.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to KCB Bank Kenya career website on ug.kcbgroup.com to apply