INSURANCE FOR ALL (IFA) was incorporated in 2014 and received its practicing license from the Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) the same year. The company focuses on providing relevant and affordable insurance services to low income earners in Kenya.
The incumbent is responsible for the financial and fiscal management aspects of the company’s operations and provides leadership in the administrative, operational, and business planning efforts of the company. They will also oversee and manage the day to day operations including accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and planning, tax, internal controls, information systems and asset & risk management.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function.
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role, e.g. forecasting and budgeting.
- Perform a full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
- Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments and cash-flow.
- Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Assist in leading the annual budgeting and planning process, including forecasting.
- Assist the Directors in leading the audit process; ensure transparency in all internal and external financial reporting.
- Developing financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities and staff requirements, identifying monetary resources, developing an action plan.
- Work closely with investment advisors to provide Executive Management and the Board with advice on the management of the investment portfolio and takes all Board approved actions regarding the portfolio.
- Effectively manage, lead and develop a finance and corporate services team; develop, mentor, and where necessary, recruit a staff of high performers.
- Work with Directors to establish and implement both short and long-term goals, objectives and policies for the Finance Department.
- Accountable for all the timely preparation and accuracy of all financial reports and documents to be presented to the Board, shareholders and financial/investment community.
- To maintain a working relationship and to develop additional relationships with banks, financial institutions and capital markets to secure the funds necessary for the operations of the firm, the attainment of its development plans.
- Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met and ensure compliance with taxation and any other financial, legal requirements.
- Time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong analytic skills, including the ability to coordinate financial analysis
- Strong computer skills, including a high level of proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Leadership skills
Qualifications and experience:
- At least 5-years of work experience in a Finance related role, with previous Senior Management experience.
- Understanding of all business functions.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Skills in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Strong IT skills will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills, as well as the ability to analyze data.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with great accuracy, organization, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Professional Certification such as CPA, ACCA, etc.
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to completion with minimal directions.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain solid relationships with staff members, clients, and administrators.
The incumbent is located in a busy office.
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com before 7th August 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV