We are Tarpo. A tightly knit family so passionate about helping you deliver a successful event. We take joy in your success and we know you depend on us. So we are here, for your event, like your best friend always is!
We’re not bragging about our qualifications and experience because we’ve been around so long, it’s no longer what defines us. We work within the realms of practicality and safety before anything else. We deal with events so large, there’s only one of us in the world that plans our logistics like we do, performs like we do and smiles like we do.
About the Role
We are looking to hire an aggressive hands on events coordinator who will be responsible for designing , coordinating, managing and selling event ideas and solutions to our clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Client acquisition with a bias towards B2B sales
- Conceptualization of Events for B2B clients including producing detailed proposals.
- Planning and management of logistics necessary to fulfill customer orders
- Ensuring every event is successful.
- Researching markets and conduct industry analysis to identify opportunities for events.
- Setting up client meetings to assess client needs
- Aggressively look for business through arranging meetings with potential customers, cold calling, social media marketing and networking
- Manage and develop existing customer relationships
- Provide world-class customer service; collect customer feedback and maintain above 90% customer satisfaction per quarter
- Develop and operationalise event design concepts based on customer need and input
- Bid for tenders and new events by writing detailed proposals to the relevant entities
- A can do attitude - Show us you can!
- Degree/ Diploma in any field from a recognized institution
- 1 year work experience in Events, Sales or Marketing.
- Proven working experience in business to business sales
- Experience in coordinating large scale events
- Passionate about events
- Willingness to occasionally work at odd schedules
- Outstanding communication skills & negotiating ability
The KPI’s for this role are:
- Achieve a monthly target of 1.5 million Kenya shillings in revenue.
- Conceptualize an in-house event that will be held every year earning the company between 500,000 Kenya Shillings to 1 Million Kenya Shillings.
- Ensure that 90% of orders served have a positive feedback in terms of delivery, setup and servicing.
- Acquire at least 25 New prospects every month.
- Ensure that all relevant data pertaining to an event, be it an inquiry or repeat client is reflected accurately in our systems within 48hrs.
- Manage a Client Database that will include:
- Customer Lifetime Value
- Customer Acquisition Cost
- Customer Retention and Churn Rate
- Average Sales Cycle Length
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Tarpo Industries career website on tarpo.bamboohr.com to apply