We are a leading independent professional services company specialising in programme management, project management, cost and commercial management and advisory across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors.
With 108 offices in 46 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximising value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets.
To perform the role of a senior management team member, taking responsibility for the growth, profitability and sustainability of the Infrastructure, Oil & Gas business unit through leadership, new business development, client management and service delivery.
- Responsible for the Strategy, Direction, Leadership and Commercial Success of a subsection of the Turner & Townsend Infrastructure, Oil & Gas Business. The ultimate goal of an Associate Director is to grow a substantial business year on year providing various Project Services.
- The role and responsibilities will include Marketing & Business Development, securing of Scopes, Commissions and Services, , establishing a culture of quality delivery, engagement with Regional and global Key Account Clients in Kenya and East Africa.
- Develop a business plan with clear accountability and targets
- Implement and monitor region or key accounts
- Review the business plan key accounts and take corrective action
- Prioritize client and assess effort levels and return
- Build personal relationships with decision makers
- Manage relationship building process
- Manage Sales process
- Convert opportunities through management of bid process including global bids
- Manage process of new product Service Development
- Manage and oversee operations through commission managers, focusing on problem areas
- Manage Quality Assurance process
- Conduct Client Care process
- Manage more work process with key account Plans
- Develop and deliver training strategy and implementation
- Assist in process of commercial bidding
- Assess financial performance of ongoing jobs and improve
- Manage billing process and interact with Financial Director, Commission Managers
- Manage with the Financial Director the P&L and report at board level on improvement initiatives
- To perform the role of the Commission Manager, taking overall responsibility for end to end service delivery of commissions of varying size and complexity
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added Mining and Energy service
- Provide effective Line Management to Associate Directors and Senior Consultants
- Maintain Effective Communications with fellow Directors and staff
- Managing new and existing client relationships in growing revenue, through contract renewals, referrals and service expansion;
- Negotiating contract fees ensuring profitable outcomes for Business Unit;
- Coaching and mentoring staff, assisting them to achieve professional designations;
- Providing regular updates regarding the status of projects / initiatives, and where appropriate, highlighting issues of concern, and/or conflict;
- Contributing, as a member of the Senior Management team, to the creation and implementation of strategic and financial plans focused on the growth and development of the Business Unit;
- Managing the operation within the approved budget;
- Ensuring the development of priority plans including risk mitigation, performance measurements, management controls and critical success factors;
- Ensuring client invoices are accurate and issued on a timely basis. Following-up on accounts receivables.
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities. Working with Senior Management team to develop strategies which promote Turner & Townsend across East Africa developing key partnerships with industry;
- Preparing and delivering client presentations on topics of relevant experience and knowledge and/or partnering with other team members to generate new business;
- Working with Directors and senior management to construct bids for new work
- Attending relevant networking events and promotional opportunities
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve Infra procedures, templates, products and strive to continuously improve the services provided to clients
- Staff management – Inputting into the formal management of Associates, Senior Consultants or Infra team, to include recruitment interviews, input into resource management and attendance at staff appraisals
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- Financial management – Utilising the tools provided to track the ongoing margin levels, monthly fee/resource forecasts for each commission and financial reports.
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes.
- You will be responsible for a medium-sized team, providing direction to the team-leads and delegating the direction and supervision of team members to the Directors. You will give input on resource planning and update your Senior Vice President on potential increased headcount requirements. You are required to become part of the senior recruitment process, identifying training and development needs and career management of your senior team members through coaching.
- Attract and interview candidates to join Turner & Townsend through your demeanor, your positive attitude and your ability to promote Turner & Townsend
- Conduct effective quarterly development reviews with Directors and other employees reporting to you
- Conduct annual appraisal for Directors and other employees reporting to you
- Provide input for salary reviews and bonuses for those reporting to you
- You should encourage opportunities for the professional development and advancement of all colleagues under your supervision.
- You will continue to build relationships with your international network of Directors. You will share industry best practice and assist other Turner & Townsend offices to develop opportunities with your clients who have presence in their regions. You will be attuned to potential client needs within your client portfolios, tangible business development opportunities and, in conjunction with your line manager, look at ways to turn these opportunities into fee creation. In circumstances where a client within your portfolio has invited Turner & Townsend to tender for a piece of work, you will be responsible for the tender offering and will represent the business in the tender process.
- You should also focus on your own professional development throughout your career at Turner & Townsend. You must keep current in your specialty fields by engaging in professional practice, participating in continuing education courses, reading technical literature, and attending professional meetings and seminars.
While continuing a program of professional development, you will also focus your attention on actively deepening your knowledge of the industries that your clients work within. You should attend client meetings and have a full appreciation of the industry sector, converse in the industry language and instil client confidence that your in-depth knowledge enables you to best deliver a value added service.
- +8 years of relevant experience
- Recognized university degree
- Membership in relevant professional organizations
- Professional Registration
- Commissions are managed effectively and efficiently
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and cross-functional team members
- Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified and acted upon
- Good connections locally.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Turner & Townsend career website on turnerandtownsend-candidate.thehirelab.com to apply