We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
About The Role
The Human Capital Support Specialist will lead program execution under the global People Operations (POPs) Division, and serve as a primary point person for ongoing management of data as part of our People analytics work.You will support staff-facing programs including training programs, help develop new tools for managing the division and contribute to select innovations’ work within our talent and culture portfolio.
Specific Responsibilities Might Include
- Support development of improved tools for the global People Division: work with internal partners to develop easy-to-use and flexible performance management and staff engagement tools. Examples might include: making improvements to development plan templates or building workflow trackers for a small country HR department.
- Coordinate communication with One Acre Fund’s cohort of managers: in collaboration with the global training department, and leaders across the People Division, the Human Capital Support Specialist will manage communication with managers across the organisation by leading manager calls or maintaining resources.
- Support administration of annual staff surveys: in collaboration with the People Innovations team, the Human Capital Support Specialist will lead the annual organization-wide Manager Satisfaction Survey (MSS) and Employee Satisfaction Survey (ESS). Responsibilities might include: developing survey questions, preparing staff communications, monitoring and boosting participation, analyzing survey and disseminating results.
- Manage daily POPs data needs: grow into an important point person for People data. This will involve: managing general requests to the division for data pulls from our Human Resources Information System (e.g. demographic, retention, and advancement data etc), managing historic and current survey data, and fulfilling one-off reporting requests.
- (Potentially) support Training and Development (T&D) analytics work: scope could increase to include monitoring of a number of Training and Development (T&D) offering strategic insight to global division leaders on potential areas for improvement on current in-house training offerings.
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You will contribute a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include:
- Preferred experience. Less than 3 years of experience. This is an early career-stage role. We’re looking for curious candidates who demonstrate a high-ceiling for growth. Familiarity with survey platforms, customer engagement tools (e.g. NPS), and internal communications experience advantageous.
- Strong excel and Google Sheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets). Ability manipulate numerical and text data in Google Sheets/Excel, and interest in furthering your skills in this area.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and self-awareness. Your role will involve a significant degree of anticipating the needs of a diverse cohort of staff, and require an understanding of how to use a range of communication tools to support staff engagement.
- Strong problem solving/critical thinking skills. You will further demonstrate an ability to summarize data and staff feedback to make recommendations to senior leaders.
- Concise and clear communication skills. Through the interview process, we’ll be looking for evidence of clear and concise communication skills (verbal as well as written), and an ability to summarize staff feedback and data for large audiences.
- Receptiveness to and appreciation for feedback. You will collect, synthesize, and prioritize feedback to make improvements to People Support programs. A willingness to absorb feedback graciously will be essential to your success.
- Language proficiency. English fluency mandatory, Kiswahili preferred, Kinyarwanda and/or French a plus
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda
Health insurance, paid time off, flexible work hours.
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in either Rwanda or Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to One Acre Fund career website on www.linkedin.com to apply