- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Sector Leader, Renewable Energy at SNV
Posted on: 6 August, 2019
Deadline: 7 August, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at SNV Netherlands Development Organ
SNV is an international development organisation. We believe that no-one should have to live in poverty and that all people should have the opportunity to pursue their own sustainable development. We aim to make a lasting difference in the lives of people around the world.
SNV Kenya/Burundi is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Sector Leader Energy. As the Sector Leader you will be responsible for the overall quality of programme development and implementation, business development and overall steering of the SNV Kenya and Burundi Energy projects. You will assure quality and visibility of our Energy programmes, ensure gender balance in programme design and implementation, invest in making know-how flow to and from the frontline and position SNV within the Energy sector in Kenya and Burundi. In addition, you will have a project manager role.
- Strategic Leadership: develop the Energy sector strategy of SNV Kenya and Burundi aligned to corporate frameworks;
- Programme Management: deliver effective development results, planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting;
- Business Development: develop proposals and secure funding for innovative Energy programmes;
- External profiling: Present and represent SNV’s (Kenya and Burundi) energy sector at workshops, network events and prepare (social) media publications;
- People management: lead and coach the team of SNV advisors and consultants, monitor and coach staff to increase performance and support the development of local capacity builders;
- Advisory services: lead the implementation of complex assignments according to agreements with donors; set benchmarks for results, and monitor quality of advisory services of the Energy Sector team;
- Communication, representation and positioning: guide knowledge development and develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to improve SNV’s market position; actively participate in external and internal networks;
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of energy programmes in line with SNV’s internal frameworks;
- Team Leader/ Project Manager: Lead a project in addition to Sector Leadership.
- Member of the Country Management Team.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Ten (10) years or more of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing renewable energy development programmes;
- Proactive, creative and entrepreneurial keenness to explore and develop innovative approaches;
- Experience in coordinating concept and proposal development, strong proposal writer and proven results in Business Development;
- Knowledge and experience of different renewable energy solutions, value chain development, results based financing and private sector development;
- Able to strategically inspire and energize (project) teams operating in the country;
- Excellent networking and presentation skills, ability to engage with donors, governments, the private sector and civil society;
- Readiness to work and frequently travel in rural areas with minimal amenities;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills in English are required.
Desired start date: as soon as possible.
Duration of contract: 3 years initial contract term. National Contract (Eligible non-Kenyan nationals can also apply)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SNV Netherlands Development Organisation career website on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SNV Netherlands Development OrganisationSimilar Jobs
- Product Specialist (Clinical Trials Database) at African Academy of Sciences
- Deputy Regional Director Africa at Diakonia
- Consultancy at Poverty Eradication Network (PEN)
- Manager (Conservation Strategy & Impact Analysis) at African Wildlife Foundation
- Mailroom Messenger at Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Administration Officer at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Investment Facilitation Manager at Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
- Evaluation Specialist at UNICEF