- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Banquet Manager at Kempinski Hotels
Posted on: 7 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Kempinski Hotels
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
Reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage/ Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for producing an outstanding guest experience within the Banqueting concepts by managing a service team in cooperation with the culinary team. The Banquet Manager provides a courteous, professional and efficient service in accordance with the outlet, hotel and Kempinski standards, driving sales and maximising profit.
- Ensure that all rules & regulations are strictly adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- Ensure that the sales are driven to the Banqueting department’s full potential and that budget is adhered to.
- Ensure that a High quality of product and service is never compromised in the Banquet operations.
- Ensure that the Banqueting department is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Ensure that innovation and new ideas are fostered, implemented and communicated to the Head of Department.
- Ensure that the growth of internal talent within the Banqueting department is successfully implemented.
- Responsible for driving Talent Development for his/her staff.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees of the Room Service outlet follow the example.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
- Execute and demand the team to execute the highest level of service and set-up standards at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Set an example in terms of thorough service and product knowledge of the Banqueting offering.
- Assist in preparation of the Banqueting budget.
- Conduct monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment together with the stewarding department.
- Perform up selling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Identify errors and correct them as required during set-up, service and breakdown of operations.
- Produce reports and analysis of the outlet and present report in the monthly performance meeting.
- Lead the Banqueting department efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Establish rapport with guests and meeting organizers to ensure satisfaction and personalized service.
- Work in close term with Stewarding and Housekeeping to ensure that all areas are regularly maintained and organised.
- To work closely with the Sales & Catering department and establish a good rapport to ensure successful flow of communication.
- Participate planning sessions of the Banquets together with the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Plan the banquets’ schedule and checklist with Executive Chef / Banqueting Chef.
- Hold event briefings for the Service and Culinary Teams.
- Actively participate in Banqueting menu design in cooperation with the Culinary Team, Bar Manager and Chef Sommelier / Sommelier.
- Organise tastings of new Banqueting menus.
- Foster and implement creative ideas for Banqueting offering.
- Implement a flexible work schedule based on business patterns.
- Establish a pool of qualified and trained full and part time employees in conjunction with the hotel’s Human Resources Department.
- Ensure an effective payroll control through a flexible work force maximizing the utilization of part time employees and closely cooperating with other Food & Beverage departments.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings.
- Attend daily or weekly meetings with the Culinary Team and fostering team work to constantly develop the Banqueting department for more success.
- Attend all required trainings as described by the Food & Beverage Department.
- Report incidents requiring disciplinary actions immediately to the Head of Department.
- Prepare and review all departmental operations manual updates annually in accordance with the Assistant Head of Department.
- Support all activities and cooperation with the suppliers.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction trough personal correspondence with the clients, such as event organisers.
- Organise all required outlet specific trainings as described by the department.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as appointed by the Head of Department.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Handle guest enquiries and complaints in a courteous and efficient manner and report to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department ensuring that the follow up is performed with the guest.
- Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for the outlet are followed.
- Act as Food & Beverage Duty Manager during the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department and Assistant Head of Department.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates implementing a multi-tasking principle and check their performance periodically.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- BA/BSc/ Diploma in Hospitality Management or related field, preferably from a hospitality College or MBA.
- Minimum 5 years in F&B management role, preferably including experience in a successful food & beverage banquets operation.
- English – excellent oral and written skills. Additional Language will be beneficial
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power point.
- Strong knowledge of beverages (cocktails, liquors, wine, etc…) Outside Catering and Banqueting Operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- Leader, Team player and Sense of Responsibility
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kempinski Hotels career website on kempinski.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Kempinski HotelsSimilar Jobs
- Internship Opportunities at InterContinental Hotels Group
- Front Desk Clerk at Palacina
- Director of Marketing & Sales at Sarova Hotels
- Job Vacancies at African Wildlife Foundation
- Business Development Manager at HotelsPro