Objectives/Purpose of the role
To lead, manage and direct the sales effort, maximising sales opportunities by promotion of the full Fosroc product range including Export Territories. Develop and implement a marketing strategy that provides the best opportunity to maximize selling prices, margin and collections in full alignment with the Group Strategic Objectives. Through the Weekly reports on sales performance, opportunities, forecasts and with the Project Tracker always endeavour to achieve current Budgets at all times.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Day to day management of the sales effort, directly or through the sales unit to ensure delivery of the budget sales target.
- Control selling prices to meet the budget material margins.
- Attend weekly/monthly team meetings in support of the BPM processes.
- Compilation of reports and forecasts as required, including project pipelines and Sales Action Plans.
- To identify and manage Key Customers by developing close customer relations and taking a lead role in any major projects.
- Responsible for meeting KPI’s as set by the company, such as stock and collections, and ensure full awareness and team commitment to achieving such additional targets.
- Awareness of competitors activities and identify relevant threats and opportunities.
- Ensure Project Tracker and Pipeline is actively managed and populated with new leads
- Perform any other duties assigned by the GM.
- Build relationships with specifiers and ensure Fosroc Specification approach is adhered to always. All Specifications should be submitted to clients to the standards laid out in Specification approach
Key Working Relationships:
- GM and sales team
- Finance Manager, Supply Chain Manager
- Regional Team
- Key customers (applicators, contractors, RMC’s and pre-cast companies)
- Consultants, architects and project owners
- Relevant Government Bodies
- 5 yrs experience managing and selling high specification industrial products.
- 3 yrs working experience as a Sales Manager in the Building and Construction industry.
- Goal and result-oriented.
- Demonstrable sound business judgement.
- Able to work under pressure and promote good teamwork with other colleague & division member.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
N.B. This job description is an outline to responsibilities to be carried out by the job holder. The job description can be amended, or changed at any time, and the job holder will be informed. Training and development needs are to be identified by the job holder and their manager to ensure the job can be carried out adequately.