Tropical Heat is a manufacturer of snacks, spices and seasonings; headquartered in Kenya but with presence in over 14 countries.
Reporting to the Head of Human Resource , the holder of this position will ensure that all human resources needs for the business function(s) are met and align the HR objectives. The position holder is expected to contribute to the development of a performance driven culture by implementing the people plans so as to improve the quality of their performance and meet the Company’s objectives.
Support the execution of the HR Strategy:
Learning and Development:
- Ensure delivery of appropriate learning programmes to support business objectives by consulting with executive management / other key stakeholders on learning programmes or other relevant interventions that will support the business strategy.
- Establish training and development needs of the staff through the ongoing process of evaluation and performance management.
- Compile workplace skills plan and annual training report submissions.
- Ensure the business Manpower Plan is executed .
- Source methods of obtaining suitable candidates e.g. employment agents, external media and internal media.
- Communicate employment offers in terms of placing a successful person into the position.
- On boarding: Plan, coordinate and execute a robust on-boarding program for the staff joining the company.
- Coordinate and execute manpower planning for the specific Department.
- In collaboration with the Heads of departments, identify and advise on the current staffing needs
Performance & Talent Management
- Ensure Performance and Talent Management to drive the achievement of business goals through objective setting, performance appraisals and talent development.
- Assists and support line with the performance management process and performance contracts.
- In charge of the Balance Score Card perfomance managemet system.
Assists and support the culture squad team in coordianting team building sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Must be an active member of IHRM.
- Business awareness and management skills.
- Organisational skills and the ability to understand detailed information.
- IT and numeracy skills, with strong IT skills required.
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels.
- A proven track record of ‘making a difference’.
- The ability to analyse, interpret and explain employment law.
- Integrity and approachability.
- Curiosity and a willingness to challenge organisational culture.
- The ability to compile and interpret statistical data and communicate it in a professional and understandable manner.
- Influencing and negotiating skills to implement personnel policies
- Potential to handle a leadership role.
Method of Application
Apply by 17th August 2019, by sending you current CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.