At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Reporting to the Executive House Keeper, the incumbent will be responsible for supervising the cleaning and maintenance operations on the floors assigned to him/her. He /she will ensure Hygiene standards are strictly monitored and followed, Room Attendants on their respective floors are supervised effectively, and KEA audits results are 85% and above.
- Supervise the work of room attendants to ensure all guest rooms and corridors are maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness and tidiness to ensure guest satisfaction and oversee that occupied rooms are serviced and that check out rooms are serviced based on the arrival time of the next guest.
- Inspect occupied and non-occupied guest rooms and take corrective measures in order to meet Kempinski standards in terms of cleanliness, maintenance and supplies. Also check that housekeeping equipments are given proper care and maintenance whilst being used.
- Carry out on the job training and be responsible for grooming and conduct standards of the room attendants on their assigned floors. Motivate staff to bring about excellent performance. Participate in the evaluation of staff performance once year.
- Keep updated records of furniture movement and cleaning schedules of their section.
- Stay informed about hotel products and services knowledge in order to answer guest questions.
- Answer all guest questions / requests in a friendly and caring manner, take appropriate actions or if needed, refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle. It may be providing information, giving an extra item such as a towel, etc.
- At the end of shift, do a handover reporting special attention guests, room status discrepancy, unusual situations, incidents that need follow up, to ensure consistency and guest satisfaction.
- Verify that pantries are equipped with all the necessary items needed in servicing guestrooms, and proper control is practiced to save expenses.
- Sign in and out master keys and pagers in housekeeping office and ensure that all keys are returned.
- Schedule general cleaning of 1 room per Room Attendant per day, and assist on scheduled cleaning on low occupancy.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- High School or secondary diploma required
- Diploma in Housekeeping/ Hospitality Management
- Two (2) to three(3) years experience as Supervisor, preferably in a luxury hotel or five (5) to seven (7) years experience as a Room Attendant, preferably in a five star city hotel.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Concern for quality and attention to details
- Ability to use housekeeping equipment and machines
- Flexible in terms of scheduling
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Computer literacy
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kempinski Hotels career website on kempinski.taleo.net to apply