The Coca-Cola Company, which is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is an American multinational beverage corporation, and manufacturer, retailer, and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups.
Job Description Summary:
- Lead the Franchise Technical Operations by providing technical thought leadership to drive the Franchise business plan successfully working with Franchise teams and bottling partners.
- Co-ordinate all Technical activities across the Franchise to achieve quality, productivity and volume objectives through supporting the execution of the Bottler Business Plan (BBP) in line with BU, Group and Corporate initiatives.
- Leverage functional support and expertise to address opportunities or issues expediently in collaboration with SRA,
- Packaging & ICE, Technical Operations, Stewardship, Commercialization etc.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Strategy and Business Performance
- Develop and implement 3 year BP and annual BP around key Technical initiatives aligned with respective Franchise BP’s
- Approve and ensure execution of annual BBP(s) manage opportunities and issues arising with Bottler Leadership Team
- Stewardship on QSE(Quality, Safety and Environment) , SRA
- Lead quality improvement in collaboration with Franchise, BU counterparts and Bottlers to protect our brands by implementing KORE (Coca-Cola Operating Requirements) and the continuous enhancement of quality operations in plants, distribution systems, fountain and suppliers
- Ensure overall QSE compliance by supporting technical assessments/pre-audits and timely implementation of corrective action plans to include ingredients, packaging materials and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) standards
- Drive EOSH performance improvement through defined metrics in SDW (Stewardship Data Warehouse)
- Collaborate with Scientific Regulatory Affairs (SRA) function to proactively manage regulatory and environmental issues to drive profitable growth
- Lead the validation process to ensure all bottling facilities have a valid SMP (site master plans) in place on new lines, upgraded processes etc comply with KORE requirements
- Influence continuous productivity improvement with our Bottling partners through recognized productivity programs such as OE, TPM , Six Sigma, Manufacturing Way
- Collaborate with the Bottler to ensure that process critical equipment is capable, through effective preventive maintenance programs
- Supply Chain
- Identify supply chain gaps, develop and execute initiatives that improve performance, reduce cost, and accelerate growth. Achieve full alignment with Bottling system in related areas (manufacturing and distribution infrastructure, demand and operations planning, inventory management, logistics, warehousing, and third-party distribution).
- Work with marketing and relevant functions in the Franchise to identify new product, package and equipment opportunities and manage the development and commercialization process.
- In collaboration with Bottler Management, Franchise Leadership Team and the BU Technical Operations Manager, develop the strategic plan around infrastructure and capacity planning in order to satisfy demand requirements
- Local Sourcing: Lead and facilitate the the development of capacity (infrastructural plans) and continuity of supply for key input materials locally where possible
- Recycling: Develop and implement a Recycling Framework for the Franchise in conjunction with PAC and other relevant stakeholders to enhance our social license to operate
- People Leadership
- Effectively manage all people processes to a high quality, on time and on budget performance management, organizational changes, training,
- Motivate and lead the Technical Team and any dotted line functional support to deliver the Technical and Franchise Business Plan
- Build system and team capability to ensure our team continues to effectively support the business and build the careers of our associates
- Managing Stakeholders
- Collaborating with the Bottling Partners, Franchise General Managers, Franchise Leadership Team, BU Central –
- Technical, suppliers, distributors to drive the Franchise Technical agenda
- Lead the Supplier Guiding Principle (SGP) agenda with Suppliers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science: Industrial, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, Food Science & Technology, Biochemistry. Fluent in English. French will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 12 years relevant functional experience in the beverage / food industry with P&L accountability. Functional expertise in at least any two: Supply Chain, Quality,
- Engineering. Experience in Bottling, Canning or FMCG operations, Commercialization, Environment, Auditing is an added advantage.
- Significant travel required Local and international 50%
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn’t enough. We need genius.