SunCulture's mission is to make smallholder farming households more productive. Through passion for agriculture and technology, it has developed a solution that combines affordable solar water pumping and customized irrigation system. SunCulture is taking an active part in improving not only the lives of farmers, but also the environment by reducing CO2 emissions and water usage.
In Kenya’s “Big Four” plan for economic development, one of the 4 pillars is food security and SunCulture’s nature of business makes the Big Four Agenda a reality. In the words of President Uhuru Kenyatta, “Kenya’s biggest challenge in achieving food security and sustainability lies in its ability, or inability to generate power. Kenya, as a country, has not been endowed with deep resources or wealth that lies under the ground… the only source of energy is the one which we were given...which is the sun, the wind, geothermal.” And SunCulture is focused on that.”
SunCulture recently closed a round of funding with EDF, one of the world’s largest electric utility companies and a global leader in low-carbon energy. This exciting deal demonstrates that major power players view the off-grid sector as a future cornerstone of their business.
Reporting to the Head of Credit, the ideal candidate is responsible for collections of defaulted portfolio, racing & recovery of all Sunculture assets assigned on credit but defaulted, issuance of Demand letters in the field & initiation of repossession rights on all non performing credits above Sunculture’s Payg credit policy guidelines.
Does this sound interesting? If so, are you looking to;
- Be accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
- Ensure allocated accounts are monitored on a daily basis and appropriate actions taken to ensure that the collection portfolio remains within accepted limits through the application of sound credit judgment within Sunculture Payg credit policy guidelines.
- Investigate and resolve any customer queries and complaints through verbal or written correspondence in line with Sunculture Payg credit policies.
- Issue out demand letters at field level to defaulters with the aim to get payments back to normalcy.
- Record new commitment to repay debt (PTPs), determine if debt can be collected and accordingly recommend/initiate recovery process.
- Contact defaulting customers either by calling or visiting them with an aim of negotiating a settlement of the arrears.
- Initiate Repossession of Sunculture Assets were necessary.
- Achieve the monthly collection targets as assigned by supervisor
- Identify and escalate deceased or disabled customers to Head of Credit for review or collection termination.
- Ensure all work queues are acted upon.
- Conduct field visit assessment before visiting the market areas.
- Manage relationships with local authorities and Security Officers
- Plan and organize field collection drives across all regions
- Conduct monthly reporting as per portfolio performance on Delinquency.
- Good, so you are interested in the organization and what the role entails. But, do you have
what we are looking for?
- At least 3-6 years’ work experience in debt collection in a microfinance or such organization
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements and processes in microfinance and credit collections environment or any other financial institution
- Evidence of well-developed organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Integrity and ability to work in consumer finance with small scale farmers across Kenya
- Sound verbal communication skills including the ability to negotiate respectfully and communicate rationale for decisions made.
- Self-starter-functional problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to follow policy and procedures.
- Sound judgement, analytical and decision making skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence.
- Computer literacy
Lastly, the ideal candidate must be competent at;
- Sales and Business Development
- Enforcement of contract and repayment obligations
- Interpersonal and communication at all levels
- Information Collection
- Experience in working with targets and strict deadlines.
Method of Application
Still interested and you are an ideal candidate? Great- please submit your application to email@example.com