Médecins Sans Frontières France in Nairobi is looking to fill the position of a Personnel Development Manager. The successful candidate will report to the HR & Finance Coordinator.
Objective of the Position:
Ensure that the required HR capacity is in place. Identify and develop people’s capabilities, contribution and active participation to achieve the goals of the mission. This will be done according to MSF vision and values.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Recruitment: support the mission recruitment process when needed (need identification, adverts, tests, interviews, selection) needs assessment (analysis of mission workforce) and conduct induction session to the newly hired employees
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers as needed
- Develop, maintain and implement training plan, policy and budget
- Coordinate and implement local / regional / international / intersectional level trainings
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and periodically report on them
- Support the implementation of an appropriate Performance management system/ ensure evaluations are conducted on time
- Suggest career paths and support plans for specific staff
- Development of training catalogue for local trainings
- Manage and promote mobility including detachment and expatriation
Qualifications & Requirements:
A Degree and specialization in Human Resource Management/ Development is required
- Prior work experience (two years) in the field of human resource management is required; prior experience in personnel development, recruitment and/or training management is highly desirable
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGO in developing countries.
- Knowledge of Local training Market
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with employee database HOMERE is an advantage.
Method of Application
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and updated Curriculum Vitae via the email address provided below. Mention on the subject email line “Personnel Development Manager”.