BitPesa is a digital foreign exchange and payment platform that leverages blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to and from frontier markets. BitPesa is a market-maker in every major African currency and opens corridors for business payments and trade between frontier markets and the rest of the world. Founded in 2013, BitPesa was the first blockchain company to be licensed by the UK's Financial Conduct Authority and follows stringent KYC practices.
As the Demand Generation Manager, you will be responsible for generating interest and leads at the top of the funnel in a multi-channel strategy. We’re looking for a data-driven experimenter willing to work intimately with our sales team and the head of marketing to help define and refine programs that target, nurture, and interest our target market. The purpose is to use marketing to accelerate the development of the sales pipeline. Responsible for balancing the company’s account-based marketing initiative with the broader strategy, management, and execution of our outbound marketing campaigns, the ideal candidate will understand or is interested in implementing best practices and processes for lead generation, target marketing, and end-to-end buyer’s journey analysis. This role is expected to build and refine marketing programs, making adjustments based on A/B testing, campaign results, and team feedback.
We are accepting applications from Nairobi, Kenya and Lagos, Nigeria
- Lead marketing and sales effectiveness through CRM and marketing automation
- Assist in forecasting and management of a budget based on CPA, ROI and LTV targets.
- Execute campaigns on time, on target and on budget through effective planning, logistics and implementation
- Contribute to the strategy and drive the execution of the company’s ABM initiative, orchestrating requirements within Marketing and across Marketing and Sales
- Develop audience segmentation definitions in coordination with Product Marketing and Sales, and then hypothesize what will work for different segments and develop it into a campaign is essential in demand generation.
- Consistently report on core KPIs, and overall marketing performance against budget and strategy.
- Design and manage multi-touch campaigns that may include, but not be limited to, email, webinars, in-person events, digital advertising, organic and paid social, ABM, and other results-focused activities to generate high quality sales leads
- Constantly monitor and manage lead funnel to measure and assess lead quality through quantifiable program metrics/KPIs, engaging with marketing and sales teams on lead status/quality, guiding and accelerating lead movement through the funnel, and drive sales SLA for leads and follow-up
- Work with business analytics and product marketing to understand the market in order to customize types of campaign for each country and customer segment
- Implement full funnel conversion strategy from lead generation to nurture
- Project manage any external agencies for implementation of the campaigns
- Manage content development to go into the implementation and execution of the campaigns
- Design, develop and improve nurture campaigns with targets of converting inactive customers or lost leads
- At least 5 years of experience in B2B demand generation marketing, with at least 3 years directly managing marketing programs - experience in the finance or tech industries preferred
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to critically read and interpret reporting and provide recommendations
- Experience contributing to or managing ABM programs
- Experience in Africa, or other emerging markets
- Experience managing multi-touch and integrated marketing campaigns, including a foundational knowledge of modern and digital marketing tactics and end-to-end integrated campaigns including paid media channels
- Demonstrated project management skills to deliver on deadlines across multiple concurrent initiatives
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and problem solve
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Pipedrive, marketing automation systems such as HubSpot, and deep understanding of Google Analytics
- Exceptional communicator (written and oral) with strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced MS Office (specifically Excel) and CRM skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with company-specific tools/software
- Great organizational skills ensuring nothing falls through the cracks
- You’re perseverant and willing to roll up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done
- Ability to wear many hats and the poise to navigate the fast-paced ambiguity of our growing company
- Passionate about our mission to develop innovative digital payment and treasury management solutions to help businesses scale in frontier markets
- Competitive salary
- Casual work environment
- Great work-life balance
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use as less paper as possible!)
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees
- …and more!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to BitPesa career website on www.linkedin.com to apply