The Coast Water Works Development Agency (CWWDA) is a State Corporation in the Ministry of Water and Sanitation which was created under the Water Act 2016. The area of jurisdiction of (CWWDA) covers all the six counties in Coast region namely; Lamu, Tana River, Kilifi, Mombasa, Kwale and Taita Taveta.
The Board wishes to recruit a self-driven, result oriented highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position listed below: -
Terms of service-3years renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer
The purpose of this position is to assist the Board on all legal issues within the agency by offering legal opinions to departments. This position ensures that all practices, policies and business activities of the Agency fall within the bounds of the organization’s legal posture.
- Providing Secretarial services to the Board;
- Advising on Corporate Governance within the organization;
- Advising the Board on relevant laws;
- Communicating to Management on Board resolutions for implementation;
- Developing and implementing Capacity building programmes for the Board;
- Custodian of Board documents such as Board minute Books,Board policy documents, register of Conflict of interests and register of Board meetings attendance;
- Facilitating Induction of Board members, annual Board evaluation and Governance audit;
- Overseeing representation of the agency before the Tribunal;
- Advising on legal matters within the agency
- Managing the litigation function of the agency
- Initiating development of legal strategies for management of disputes;
- Managing the implementation of legal risk mitigation measures and updating of the Departmental Enterprise Risk Register ;
- Coordinating legal support in preparation of legal documents, contracts, leases and other related documents;
- Managingimplementation of Departmental deliverables in realization of the agency’s Strategic Plan and Performance Contract; and
- Developing Departmental work plans and budgets;
- Minimum Seven (7) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years in supervisory capacity;
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law;
- Master’s degree in Law or other relevant Social Science from a recognized University will be an added advantage
- Admission to the Roll as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Certified Public Secretary, Kenya (CPSK) or its equivalent;
- Membership of the Law Society of Kenya and Institute of Certified Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK);
- Valid Practicing Certificates.
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Candidates interested in this position must meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters and attach their current Curriculum vitae that contains details of their qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Should also include day and evening phone numbers, email address as well as names and address and telephone numbers of three professional referees.
Applicants should either email their applications to email address firstname.lastname@example.org or send the hard copies of the same, clearly indicating the position being applied for on the envelope, to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer
Coast Water Works Development Agency
P. O. Box 90417 – 80100
Physical address-Mikindani Street –Off Nkurumah road (MSA)
Or hand delivered to be received on or before 26-08-2019.
Points to Note
All shortlisted candidates must meet the provisions of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya. In regard to this, the candidates should obtain clearance certificate from:
- Kenya Revenue authority
- Ethics and anti-corruption commission
- Criminal investigation Department
- Credit reference bureau
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Coast Water Works Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer and women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.