BroadReach is a health solutions company focused on improving the health and well-being of underserved populations across the world. We are consultants and health systems management experts who see more than numbers.
Using almost two decades of experience and foremost Vantage technology, we design and deliver effective solutions to healthcare problems in emerging markets, empowering stakeholders to make the right decisions and implement the right actions that improve health outcomes and change lives.
Our experienced has led us to develop two distinct, yet interlinked businesses units namely BroadReach Healthcare, to deliver direct Health Systems Strengthening services and BroadReach Consulting- where we share our lessons learned, expertise and processes with clients to help them boost their results. The impact of our human capital is amplified, disseminated and enabled through our technology partner, Vantage so it can be delivered consistently and at scale.
Do you want to be a part of a global organisation that is changing the face of healthcare through technology? Then this is your opportunity!
We have an exciting opportunity for a strategic and experienced Program Direcor to join our team in Kenya.
Purpose of the position
The Program Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Regional Action through Data program with a particular focus on providing leadership, management, strategic guidance and facilitating collaboration with USG, partners and stakeholder governments and institutions, and the private sector
In your role as Program Director you will:
- Lead on defining and driving the technical program strategy, establishing measurable benchmarks through annual review cycles that monitor program growth and consolidation of program results, which contribute to the program goals of improving the use of data to drive action towards improved health across East and West Africa
- Provide strategic leadership and technical, managerial direction for the successful implementation of the project
- Ensure programmatic alignment with the National Strategy and PEPFAR framework
- Project Implementation and Technical Assistance
- Identifies specific client needs / project goals and develops implementation plan
- Ensures projects plans are created and implemented and monitors progress
- Reports on project progress and milestones.
- Escalates project issues and proposes resolution measures
- Ensures compliance with legal provisions, organizational policies and best practices concerning data management, retention, licensing, and security.
- Identifies issues / change in client priorities and drives change in operational plans
- Identifies and escalates issues relating service delivery
- Ensures that all reports are accurate and received timeously
- Manage the program including introduction of new field offices where required
- Provide leadership and vision for technical program teams for all areas of responsibility, including normative work to establish unified approaches and standards for work programs
- Develops project team work plan and directs and manages projection execution
- Supervise program staff and sub awardees, and ensure the strategic and functional integration of all technical areas
- Coaches project resources where learning is required
- Conducts post project audit
- Documents lessons learned and communicates how these can be built into future offerings
- Confirms project closure and approves End Project Report
- Oversee sustainable project close-out and transition to regional entities/governments.
- Monitor and control all project activities including measuring the current project activities, monitoring the project variables including cost and effort against the project plan and performance baseline and identifying corrective actions to circumvent issues and risks
- Complete financial analysis of the costs and budgets including outsourced services on a regular basis to be shared with BroadReach
- Serve as principal and managerial point of contact with all partners and maintains the focus on 'quality assurance' at all stages of the program cycle that includes use of a 'best practice approach'and promotion of 'data for decision making' by all technical teams at regional and country program levels.
- Coordinate with and create linkages with other USAID/AFR funded implementing partners at a regional and bilateral level.
- Ensures that stakeholder concerns and/or recommendations are elevated to the highest level within the organization
- Facilitating strong collaboration with USAID government counterparts and other donors in East and West Africa regional offices.
- Manages key stakeholder/client relations including WAHO, IGAD, Duke and Jembi
- Acts as the organization's representative in dealings with external stakeholders / clients
- Ensures that good relations are maintained with the company's strategic stakeholders/clients
- Manages relationships with government officials at local, provincial and national levels
- Represents BroadReach in different forums and presents information on the programme
- Work closely with designated officials to create and maintain necessary documentation, including both technical and administrative reports; prepare justifications, appropriately acknowledge Federal support in publications and ensure compliance with other Federal and organizational requirements
- Develops detailed project work plan including work elements and dependencies
- Escalates for approval any proposed scope changes
- Participates in the solution proposal process
- Gathers site data to inform departmental solution
- Develops project templates
- Develops a project baseline
- Translates and consolidates data into information and presents
- Develops criteria for project measurement
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Data Management, Analytics, Informatics, Global/Public Health Informatics or other related field.
Experience & skills
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant high level technical and operational management experience of large-scale programs.
- 5+ years of global and public health experience in sub-Saharan Africa in an international organization or non-profit organisation.
- Experience in human resources and finance management preferred
- Ability to develop and adhere to high-level budgets of up to several million dollars encompassing multiple program areas spread across large geographies
- Prior experience managing several professionals while representing a range of technical expertise and working in multiple locations across a large geographic area
- Experience working on CDC, PEPFAR, and/or other donor-funded HIV/AIDS projects or programs in Africa
- Excellent communicator with demonstrated experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders, including government officials at the national, provincial and district levels, service orientated NGOs, civil society organizations, donors, etc.
- Must demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work in and travel to rural, low-resource settings
- Substantial experience in client management and engagements, account management, consulting services delivery, business intelligence, data warehousing or similar business areas
- Demonstrated experience developing/supporting proposals and projects addressing client needs
- Strong experience managing client relationships and supporting multiple projects/processes
Personal qualities & Behavioural competencies
- Should be a strong leader who is assertive and have a quick decision-making capability
- Strong organizational and project management skills to effectively multi-task across stakeholders
- Ability to create a vision and lead and coach disparate teams to ensure alignment to overall program goals
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills - ability to network and earn client confidence and trust
- Highly motivated, resourceful and adaptable. Enjoys constantly learning and working on new challenges
- Ability to thrive within self-directed, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work-environments
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to connect the dots, make linkages and collaboratively work across the organization
- Be solution focused
- Results Orientation
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Strategic Thinking
- Conflict Management
- Influencing and Persuading
- Business Acumen
- Team Leadership
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to BroadReach career website on www.linkedin.com to apply