GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position has the overall responsibilities of:
- Managing client projects to ensure the completion of assignments/projects on time and within established budgets, timeframes, quality standards and scope.
- Leading or actively participating in client interactions; summarize findings, develop conclusions and recommendations and oversee implementation of recommendations advising as necessary.
- Carrying out research, data collection and analysis to understand the industries our client companies are in.
- Meet revenue targets per project by tracking project hours for Junior Consultant, Managing Consultant and Associate Consultant(s) and billing accordingly.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Junior Consultant is responsible and accountable for the following Core job elements:
- Identifying key issues, particularly in the Sales and Marketing functions of our client companies, and using industry best practices, practical and theoretical knowledge, create hypothesis and actionable recommendations.
- Oversee the implementation of all recommendations providing support, corrective instruction and consistent feedback throughout the process.
- Seek out business opportunities for the consulting firm through networks; assist with drafting proposals and pitch at lower management to C-Suite level in firms in Kenya, Uganda and the East Africa region.
- Manage the relationship between the consulting firm and all clients by working directly with the clients to ensure deliverables fall within scope and budget including preparing detailed project plans, monitoring resource allocation, managing the schedules of the Managing Consultant and Associate Consultants among other duties.
- Manage any changes to the project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate techniques.
- Create and maintain all project documentation. Track project performance, prepare reports and liaise with clients and internal management to keep them informed on the status of the project.
- Remain abreast with developments in the trade, particularly in FMCG across Middle Africa (East & West Africa). Assist with the development and analysis of industry point-of-views (POVs), whitepapers, and other relevant research.
- Track the hours, invoicing and payments per project.
- Provide support for senior project team members as needed.
REPORTING & CORRESPONDAL RELATIONSHIP:
This position reports directly and is responsible to the Senior Associate Consultants and Managing Consultant.
The position regularly meets with functional managers in client firms from the following areas:
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Business Data Analyst
EDUCATIONAL AND COLLATERAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must have an outstanding undergraduate degree and an MBA (Marketing or Management is preferable) from a recognized and accredited University.
- Must have experience in FMCG sales, 5P field execution, a good understanding of and relationships with the trade. Shopper and consumer knowledge and cross-regional experience is a plus. Must understand how to manage a profit/loss statement.
- Must be numerate with outstanding strategic, analytic and presentation skills.
- This role gives the candidate access to highly confidential information. It is critical that the candidate provide evidence of experience in a similar role and commit to signing an enforceable NDA with TUME.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs particularly Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Evidence of ability to manage people, work autonomously, follow up with clients, continually learn and execute new practices needed.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and written, in English is critical.
- TUME places a high emphasis on the following personal qualities: integrity, entrepreneurial, creative, resourceful, independent, professional, team-oriented, and collaborative.
- Must be able to represent TUME at all levels of interaction responsibly.
- The candidate should have the potential to develop to Senior Consultant position.