Centum is the largest quoted investment company in East Africa with over 38,000 shareholders and have been listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange since 1967.
We are both a provider and manager of funds, and positions ourselves as an investment channel through which other investors are able to access diversified investments and management expertise for a superior return.
Our portfolio is currently valued in excess of US $ 140 million and consists broadly of investments in private equity, listed equity and real estate. The private equity portfolio is the largest asset class, with notable investments in the Financial and beverage sectors.
Greenblade Growers Ltd, a subsidiary of Centum Investments wishes to recruit a Human Resources Officer. The job location is at Ol Kalou, Nyandarua County.
The jobholder will be responsible for supporting effective implementation of various HR initiatives and activities such as recruitment, selection, on-boarding, training, performance management, vendor management, reporting and administration in order to create a conducive work environment for the achievement of the organization’s goals.
- Working with the Group head of talent, this includes preparing job adverts, shortlisting, interviewing, selecting candidates and further preparation of contract for both permanent and term contract employees
- Coordinating recruitment to ensure the farm and packhouse always has sufficient labour and skilled technicians.
- Responsible for employee on-boarding in liaison with the hiring department
- Industrial relations and compliance
- Provide consistent policy based advise to line management and workers
- Dealing with employee grievances and implementing the disciplinary procedures as per the Green Blade HR policies in liaison with the Group HR Business Partner
- Investigation of staff cases and or claims
- Coordinate disciplinary procedures
- Ensuring that all staff are fully aware of the GB HR policies and procedures
- Ensuring that GB HR practices are compliant with all relevant legislation as well as certification requirements
- Implementing the GB HR policies and procedures
- Performance Management
- Assisting managers and team leaders to develop work targets and piece rates
- Ensuring that all departments maintain accurate record of worker performance
- Coordinate performance appraisals in liaison with the Group HR Business Partner.
- Learning and development
- Conducting refresher training for existing staff in areas covered in the HR Manual, Standard Operating procedures etc
- Coordinating training and other capacity strengthening activities like exposure visits, coaching, team building etc
- Coordinating of training activities in conjunction with Group Head of Talent
- HR Administration
- Ensuring complete employee records (attendance, leave schedules, contracts) are maintained according to policy and legal requirements.
- In liaison with the Centum Group HR assist in the processing of warning letters, short term contracts, certificate of service and other internal correspondences
- Receiving and dispatching of documents
- Assist in processing any HR related claims such as WIBA etc
- Employee health and safety and welfare
- Ensure compliance to the GB Health and safety policies
- Coordinate health and safety activities such as meetings, training, audits etc
- As a member of the health and safety committee, attending the meetings and taking minutes and ensure circulation of the same
- As a member of the employee welfare committee, attending the meetings and taking minutes and ensure circulation of the same
- Coordinating and participating in any other audits as may be required
- Monitoring overtime on a daily and weekly basis and advising the line managers
- Ensure all statutory deductions and payments are made on time and accurately
- Assisting in compiling payroll and all other staff payments
- Time and attendance and payroll compilation(employees attendance management, payroll attendance inputs and any other payroll inputs)
- Daily, Weekly and monthly HR Reports eg Head count, accidents, disciplinary cases, turn over
- Vendor management
- Support in managing key relationships with HR vendors including ensuring validity of contracts, assessment and monitoring effectiveness of services rendered and prompt invoicing and payments.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management OR Social Sciences.
- Member of Institute of HR Management.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in an Agribusiness environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- High sense of initiative
- Team player
- Good cognitive skills
Centum is an equal opportunity Employer
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Centum career website on ldd.tbe.taleo.net to apply