An opportunity exists within our Finance Division for the role of Credit Controller. Reporting the Country Chief Finance Officer, the position holder is an individual contributor and will be based out of Nairobi, Kenya, and part of the East Africa Finance team.
To manage credit control as per company policies and procedure and meet the set KPI. Keep a close watch on outstanding payments and follow up with business units and partners, provide risk information to help take necessary action plan. Present the scenarios of risk and bring to the attention of Business & CFO.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Follow up on overdue accounts
· Resolve customer's queries daily
· Liaise with Internal departments regarding queries
· Customer visits as and when required
· Maintain comprehensive monthly a reconciliation of customer accounts
· Ensure that payments and credit notes are allocated correctly
· Analysis of delays of collections and over dues
· Manage Credit Control Policies and Procedure set by the company
· Follow up with customer credits, & timely dispatch of Statement of Account.
· Follow-up and monitoring / Negotiations /amendments through better relations with banks.
· Playing a key role in coordination between Banks-Customers-Business to minimize the risks
· Development process and procedure documentation.
· Formalize a monthly scoreboard per Country/Customer for Receivables/Day Sales out/Efficiency Recovery Index
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related fields
· Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K). National Diploma in Credit Management will be an added advantage.
· At least 4 years credit control experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Computer Literacy - SAP & MS Office is essential
· Exposure to manufacturing processes/projects would be needed.
· Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Schneider Electric career website.
Join over 196K happy subscribers