We are a leading Insurance Company, affiliated to Liberty Group, a wealth management company represented in 18 African countries. We use our knowledge and action to guide our customers on their journey to financial freedom. We believe in responding to the changing consumer and market needs through innovative solutions and technologically efficient processes.
The main purpose of the job is to take leadership in marketing, customer service, public relations, operations, management and overall running of the branch. It performs oversight functions to other core duties and staff within the assigned branch. Reports to the Head of Retail Business.
- Marketing strategy formulation and implementation for the region in line with overall company objectives
- Contribute to the development of operational policies for the achievement of corporate plans as stipulated in the Business Strategy
- Comply with and keep abreast of established policies, procedures, and applicable regulations in the branch operations for monitoring of business activities
- Lead in maintaining and improving customer service by implementing Heritage’s customer experience standards to achieve customer satisfaction
- Communicate management goals and objectives to staff through branch meetings
- Ensure staff are well supervised, trained and developed to be technically competent to perform their duties
- Ensure that the Performance Management process is embraced and continuously carried out for effective and efficient service to our customers with a view to achieving overall company business goals
- Ensure branch profitability
- Manage direct/individual clients’ sales, corporate and intermediary sales
- Identify/ develop new business opportunities and intermediaries
- Achieve branch business growth targets
- Management of renewals/ business retention
- Ensure recruitment, training and licensing of intermediaries
- Excellent customer service and complaints handling
- Manage credit control/ premium collection
- Maintain the Branch cash book
- Market research and intelligence
- Ensure accurate and competitive quotations are prepared and delivered promptly to prospective clients, brokers, and agents
- General management and administration of the branch office
- Foster and maintain good corporate image through liaison with all competitors, intermediaries and the general public
- Establish and maintain a good relationship and high public relations with intermediaries and clients.
- Maintain close liaison with other departments in the Company.
- Ensure safe custody of the Branch’s fixed assets by maintaining an asset register and appropriate insurances
- Prepare timely, accurate, informative reports to management for decision making
- Advise the Head, Retail Business and the Management on issues pertaining to the business
• Degree in Insurance, Marketing, Business Management or other business-related fields
• Diploma in Insurance (ACII or AIIK)
• Member of CII or IIK
• 10 years’ experience in the insurance industry, 3 of which should be in branch management
• Good knowledge of Naivasha region and the surrounding
• Sales and marketing skills
• Managing and executing strategy
• In-depth understanding of insurance operations and concepts
• Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of underwriting processes, procedures, and concepts
• Insurance product knowledge
• Stakeholder management skills
• Knowledge of intermediaries in the region and good business relationship with them
• IT literacy
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their application and updated CV to email@example.com by 31st August 2019. Clearly, state the job title on the subject heading.
NB: Heritage is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages diversity. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.