Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, relentlessly innovate to ensure both impact & health system strengthening.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
Living Goods is seeking a Community Health Technical Expert for the USAID/MOMENTUM 2A opportunity, a global project focusing on providing targeted technical assistance to USAID missions, partner countries, and local organizations to improve maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) and family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH) outcomes, as well as to contribute to global technical leadership and policy dialogue for achievement of MNCH/FP/RH goals.
This role will be a part of the MOMENTUM technical hub for MNCH/FP/RH based in Washington, DC. The Community Health Technical Expert will disseminate technical expertise and best practices on implementing proven community health interventions and will coordinate and provide technical assistance to other stakeholders, including partners and local governments. This role will represent Living Goods within the MOMENTUM project and act as the key thought leader for community health interventions across the project.
This position is contingent upon award from USAID.
- Provide strategic direction to ensure community health integration across project activities – including quality improvement, health systems strengthening, digital health, and other cross-cutting areas as needed.
- Serve as a thought leader to the project to evolve community health strengthening interventions.
- Supervise staff providing technical assistance support to field missions.
- Drive the development and execution of the project’s community health strategies.
- Ensure community health activities are fully accomplished, meet technical quality standards, and are delivered on schedule.
- Liaise with the USAID management team on all issues pertaining to the community health portfolio, including meetings, workplans, technical updates.
- Respond to technical requests from the Project Director and USAID, input into reports and communication materials.
- Ensure program excellence by aligning and advising teams and staff on the best ways to deliver impact in community health. Develop work plans and timelines for project growth.
- Document evidence and learning on the community health aspect of the project. Contribute to global community health standards and protocols.
- Guide the project on aligning and adapting programs to reflect the latest evidence and best practices in community health.
Education and Experience:
- Education: A Master’s Degree or higher in public health or international development, or a related advanced degree; PhD or MD preferred.
- Experience: At least 10 years’ experience as a public health technical lead in a global NGO or corporation.
- At least 5 years of experience designing, implementing, and managing large, complex public health projects in/for developing countries of which at least 3 years have been spent managing and delivering technical assistance. 5 years’ experience at senior leadership, leading teams to deliver results.
- Extensive experience with community health programs and knowledge of global policy commitments to community health, with a focus on MNCH/FP/RH.
- Extensive experience working and providing technical assistance in multiple countries.
- Experience providing direct managerial/supervisory oversight of community health programs, and field experience working with community health workers.
- Demonstrated experience working with ministries of health and other government agencies.
- Experience implementing USAID-funded programs.
- Ability to manage diverse teams across many countries.
Technical skills and attributes:
- Strategic Leadership: leveraging deep, professional experience and knowledge of how to employ levers to drive impact.
- A proven ability to establish professional relationships with partners, host country governments, and other key stakeholders (e.g., NGOs, CSOs, private sector).
- Program management skills.
- Research and evaluation skills.
- Advanced writing & presentation and teaching skills with experience presenting at global conferences and contributing to peer reviewed articles.
- A believer in the disruptive power of mobile technology to improve community health.
- Leading leaders. Build lasting relationships, align resources to accomplish key objectives, build resources for the future, and lastly, inspire and motivate others to be the best they can be.
- Collaborative spirit. Listen and connect easily with teams and colleagues. Roll up your sleeves and help others out.
- Lives our 5 values: Families First; Drive Towards Sustainability; Make No Small Plans; Be Inventive and Adaptive; and Master The Art Of Collaboration.
To apply for this position, please visit our career page and by uploading your updated cover letter and resume through our applicant tracking system. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
Interested and qualified? Go to Living Goods on livinggoods.applytojob.com