Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the E-commerce-Masoko Department within the Enterprise Business Unit. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Vendor Operations Lead–Enterprise Business Unit, the position holder will oversee projects that contribute to long-term success, improving customer experience, supporting growth. Responsibilities include expanding our product selection, improving product availability, building strong relationships with key partners (both internally and externally) and driving improvements to Masoko for both large and small sellers.
- Be the expert: Understand your categories & the customers’ preference in them, in the Kenyan context and on Masoko. Apply this expertise to define strategies, map out opportunities and create a SMART objectives to service them, at the end of each quarter.
- Business Development – accountable for the joint commercial planning and growth of the vendor based on Masoko commercial strategy of the category.
- Owns all facets of the account management process for key accounts and develops strategic relationships with account POCs.
- Cultivates and grows relationships with vendors decision makers
- Drives the onboarding of all distributors / dealers / resellers for closed key accounts, across the country, ensuring a seamless merchant experience and an excellent customer experience
- Conduct Monthly and Quarterly business reviews with key account stakeholders driving operational improvements and sales growth
- Conduct deep dive analysis on issues affecting Vendor business performance and provide the Voice of the vendor as an input into product development and process improvement.
- Become a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of large vendors in an ever-changing business environment.
- Partner with other teams including Category Managers, Content, Technology, and external teams e.g. EBU Large Enterprises to align programs and initiatives to drive growth in existing seller base
- Identify, set and enforce new best-practices for team to follow in the 4 key aspects of the AM role (screening, seller interaction, onboarding & integration, and account management).
- Taking part in overseeing planning, organizing and directing the work of the Account Managers
- Coaching, Mentoring and training new team members.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Sales experience
- 3+ year account management experience
- Proven track record of consistent account growth and exceeding sales goals
- Proven track record of managing and driving growth of enterprise accounts.
- Experience in E-Commerce as a category lead will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Safaricom Kenya career website on safaricom.taleo.net to apply